ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Hasbro Toy Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Watto's Junk Yard: Post Your Star Wars Toy Hauls Here! (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=264)

SPLIT LIP 02-05-2010 02:54 PM

Re: Watto's Junk Yard: Post Your Star Wars Toy Hauls Here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacobot (Post 12729)

Good for you. I just wish the toys would catch up with the show... I think they would sell more if after seeing the show one could go right out and purchase them. Same goes for TFs etc

Unfortunately it is impossible to do that. But if fairies existed and wishes came true, I'd like that. then again, I'd just wish for them for free.

jacobot 02-05-2010 03:33 PM

Any action figure movie like Avatar on back sends out all the figures, vehicles and accessories months before hitting the screen. Hasbro seems takes forever and adds lots of filler repacks... I guess it works for them :(

SPLIT LIP 02-05-2010 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacobot (Post 12732)
Any action figure movie like Avatar on back sends out all the figures, vehicles and accessories months before hitting the screen. Hasbro seems takes forever and adds lots of filler repacks... I guess it works for them :(

A movie and weekly TV show are not even close to the same thing when it comes to toys. Hasbro likely doesn't even know about these charatcers until just before the episode airs. Then there's translating the design, tooling, production, etc. Plus, several possible toy characters appear per episode, but Hasbro can only get out up to about 4-5 figures per wave. Plus it's a popularity contest with figure selection.

Avatar was massive before the trailers even came out. They likely had designs supplied for toys long in advance for the theatrical release.

jacobot 02-05-2010 04:15 PM

Visited 5 TRUs today before I found a couple ARF Troopers :o

Prowl_2009 02-05-2010 05:07 PM

Really? The Toys R Us at Upper Canada has like six of them. :) But I will admit, they aren't the easiest pieces to locate for some reason. :rolleyes:

Robimus 02-06-2010 03:10 AM

I picked up CW Luminara and CW Anakin today.:)

Haggis 02-12-2010 12:25 AM

Finally got to TRU's the last day of teh sale. Soooooo mant Plo Koon's and Tiin's... Anyway. Picked up a AOTC Clone trooper and finally a Cad bane.

The Trooper is for my Custom squad. Got 2 in teh squad now. Gotta get a red ARC trooper and that At-PT with ARf trooper and a cople more phase 1 / phase 2 clones.

Cad I basically paid teh 5 bucks for his head to put on Denal. which is a little small but i got it on there Shame denal head doesn't fit on banes body. But i might be able to get it there som ehow.

Robimus 02-15-2010 11:57 PM

I got the Kyle/Vong Comic Pack today. I even liked the comic.

Ord Sedra is in my sector of space in the Atlas.:D

Prowl_2009 02-16-2010 09:57 AM

A buddy of mine tracked down the Katarn / Vong Comic pack this past weekend. Only one in the store though. :rolleyes: I am now on the hunt! I must have this comic pack!!!

lars573 02-18-2010 01:14 AM

I found one tonight at TRU. The Darth Krayt one too. Couldn't leave them there. I didn't plan on dropping $106 at TRU. But when you know you'll NEVER see those packs again, you do what ya gotta do.