ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Action Figure News (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Target Opens First Canadian Stores (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=12938)

Robimus 03-05-2013 07:32 PM

Target Opens First Canadian Stores

1 Attachment(s)
Toy Collectors will soon have a new retail option across the country as today Target opened up its first three Canadian stores in Guelph, Fergus and Milton, Ontario.

Other Target stores will be be slowly opening across the country over the next few months with most Canadian stores scheduled to be open by June.

Hantei 03-05-2013 07:55 PM

Re: Target Opens First Canadian Stores

Yay! And here come the toys! At much more reasonable prices than Zellers had them at, I hope!

Toy Gremlin 03-05-2013 08:03 PM

Cool! Just out of curiosity, what kind of toy lines do they carry?

Tonestar 03-05-2013 08:38 PM

They carry the same toylines that Wal-Mart and TRU carry plus they get their own exclusives-at least the U.S. stores do, we'll see if Target Canada gets any.

Scrapper6 03-05-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonestar (Post 52591)
They carry the same toylines that Wal-Mart and TRU carry plus they get their own exclusives-at least the U.S. stores do, we'll see if Target Canada gets any.

I would hope, that with Zellers recieving previous Target Brand Name Exclusives we shall see them here as well now in the actual stores they are meant to be exclusives to.

Toy Gremlin 03-05-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonestar (Post 52591)

Thanks for the info! Wanted to see if they carried WWE elite figures. If they did, then it makes it a lot easier to get them for gifts. Currently, I have to order them online.

Cool! I just hope they sell the exclusives at a reasonable price unlike Zellers. :(

protoform_ironhide 03-05-2013 09:23 PM

I am so waiting for the big selection of Marvel Universe like the Targets down the States........ It seems like Walmart and Toy's R Us don't carry them anymore or something.....never see anything new.

Toy Gremlin 03-05-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide (Post 52599)
I am so waiting for the big selection of Marvel Universe like the Targets down the States........ It seems like Walmart and Toy's R Us don't carry them anymore or something.....never see anything new.

According to the news, BC stores won't be opening until May. :rolleyes:

robsonspen 03-06-2013 12:26 AM

Don't get your hopes up, figures and some toys will be a little bit more expensive than their sister stores in the US, we may be paying the same or a bit more for the figures... cheaper, I don't think so... hopefully we'll get exclusives up here!

protoform_ironhide 03-06-2013 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robsonspen (Post 52616)
Don't get your hopes up, figures and some toys will be a little bit more expensive than their sister stores in the US, we may be paying the same or a bit more for the figures... cheaper, I don't think so... hopefully we'll get exclusives up here!

I really don't mind to pay a buck or two more if they continue having new items and bigger selection on the shelves unlike Zellers... or those insane markup people selling on Ebay seriously.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Gremlin (Post 52606)
According to the news, BC stores won't be opening until May. :rolleyes:

I just checked the Target website. The first one to be open in BC seems like it will be at Coquitlam Center!