ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Action Figure General Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Revoltech. (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=7795)

Cpl. Chrissandwich 07-12-2011 07:13 PM

Revoltech.

Hey, everyone. Bee na huge fan of Revoltech, but only managed to secure myself six figures.

Two Transformers: Megatron and Rodimus

A white macross non transforming figure
The Predator
Two Fraulains E.L.F.: Ayanami and Makinami Mari Illustrious

All store bought. So my question is what is a good site to order revoltechs from? Im trying to avoid using ebay. And which ones I should try to get.

Some that I plan on getting are the Alien, Iron man, War Machine, some awesome looking blue guy a member posted in the photo thread, Optimus Prime and Movie OP.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

pud333 07-12-2011 07:24 PM

Re: Revoltech.

Revoltech are awesome.

I always order from Amiami's english site. http://www.amiami.jp/shop?set=english

This is, IMO, best place to order import toys from. When you preorder, you can get good discounts. For example, the Optimus Prime is 20% off. Shipping the slow SAL method usually costs approximately $10 per revoltech figure. The faster EMS method with tracking usually costs about $15.

Another site is HLJ.com. If Amiami is old out, I go there. You get discounts there as well, but not as good in general. You don't need any other sites than those two, really. Just don't cancel too many preorders, as they don't tend to like that much.

If you like female figures, check out the Figma brand. Figma Mari is vastly superior, IMO, to the Revoltech ones. Figma is also branching out into the North American sci-fi market starting with amazing looking Robocop.

Cpl. Chrissandwich 07-14-2011 12:15 AM

Awesome man thanks. Ive always been hoping that I could get most in stores, but they are really hard to come by unless you know where to look.

Like, in vancouver I know of Metropolis, and thats where I found the Predator. But I dont go to vancouver often.

But thanks for the info.

pud333 07-14-2011 12:26 AM

In Vancouver, there aren't many places. In Richmond there are a bunch of asian import stores, like at Aberdeen Centre (has a couple) and Richmond Centre used to have Soul of Anime (Not sure if it's still there. Haven't been there in a while). You can find Revoltechs at those places. Just be careful; sometimes the figures have been opened and displayed and then put back in the box and they attempt to sell it as brand new. I bought a figma I thought was new one time and it turned out to be a) used, and b) broken.

In Vancouver, you could also try Crystal Mall near Metrotown. Lots of hobby stores there, though I admit I never really found anything worthwhile...

Cpl. Chrissandwich 07-14-2011 01:23 AM

Hmmm, Im not in Vancouver all that much to go to these places. But good to know anyway, hows Urban Samurai for revoltechs or asian imports?

pud333 07-14-2011 01:30 AM

Urban Samurai has lots of imported robots like Transformer Alternity's and Takara versions, as well as some third party stuff, but not so much Revoltechs. They had a few last I checked (about almost a year ago), but I don't know what their situation is now. Next time I'm in that area, if I see any I'll let you know. Everything there tends to be expensive though - like any import store.

pud333 07-15-2011 12:05 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I love these things. My Revoltech Collection.

Cpl. Chrissandwich 10-04-2011 04:15 PM

Nice collection, im just bringing up numbers now. Probably ordering war machine from http://www.amiami.jp/shop?set=english. Seems like a great site.

pud333 10-04-2011 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pud333 (Post 31715)
Urban Samurai has lots of imported robots like Transformer Alternity's and Takara versions, as well as some third party stuff, but not so much Revoltechs. They had a few last I checked (about almost a year ago), but I don't know what their situation is now. Next time I'm in that area, if I see any I'll let you know. Everything there tends to be expensive though - like any import store.

I just checked Urban Samurai yesterday. No revoltechs except the Macross transforming valkyries, Hot Rod, and Ultra Magnus (selling around $39.99 I think). They had lots of Takara stuff. TFs and Gundam is what they mostly do. I saw MP-10 Prime there. Man, he looked awesome. Now I have to order that...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cpl. Chrissandwich (Post 34924)
Nice collection, im just bringing up numbers now. Probably ordering war machine from http://www.amiami.jp/shop?set=english. Seems like a great site.

Thanks. Collection is even bigger now! haha. :clapping: Anyway, Amiami rules. They're f'ing awesome. I have War Machine on order as well. I probably wont' get him though until beginning of November, since he is in a large order with other preorders that Amiami is holding for me.

JTCh 10-04-2011 06:50 PM

The thing I like about Amiami is they will hold your order for the month and wait for everything that's coming out that month to be in stock before they ship. This saves a lot of shipping so I just use EMS with them.

I don't think HLJ has this service, if they did, I would order from them much more.