ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Action Figure News (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Marvel Legends War Machine & Iron Man 2 Pack Released in Canada (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=25104)

HMS Warspite 07-18-2016 08:24 PM

Re: Marvel Legends War Machine & Iron Man 2 Pack Released in Canada

Quote:

Originally Posted by turtle power eh (Post 82745)
Wow, considering the packaging has the Civil War logo on the box...I would have made a scene.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66jedikiller66 (Post 82723)
The manager at the TRU in Windsor wouldn't do it for me either and I know the freakin' guy.

I did get the 30% off after asking... but there was some debate..I quickly pointed out the captain america civil war logo is pretty clear on the box front and side!

66jedikiller66 07-19-2016 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMS Warspite (Post 82760)
I did get the 30% off after asking... but there was some debate..I quickly pointed out the captain america civil war logo is pretty clear on the box front and side!

This is BullXXXX I'm going back in the morning and making my case again, to someone different.

Enforcer 07-19-2016 04:31 PM

Is the a UPC code or whatever that I can give them to check inventory? I shudder to think of the difficulty I'll have sending a stockboy looking for this on the shelf.

Enforcer 07-19-2016 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMS Warspite (Post 82760)

I tried to make this argument myself, and was told that since the logo was only on one side of the box - the deal didn't apply to either figure. So... I emailed corporate.

HMS Warspite 07-19-2016 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enforcer (Post 82792)
I tried to make this argument myself, and was told that since the logo was only on one side of the box - the deal didn't apply to either figure. So... I emailed corporate.

jeez..they are brutal eh? I think I got lucky in hindsight..cashiers made the decision as they didn't want to bug the manager.

Alexander Quinn 07-20-2016 08:51 PM

It's kind of hilarious that they seem to be fighting giving people the discount on an item that, given their other ML exclusive sets, will stagnate on the shelves and be on sale for at least half price every other month soon enough. Looking at you, Agents of SHIELD box set I got for $35. ;)

lastknight2k 07-21-2016 07:27 PM

Just spotted a peg of these (4 or 5) at a TRU here in Ottawa. War Machine looks amazing in the box but that Disco Armor is hard on the eyes and a bit of a tough sell at that price point.

Wintermute 07-21-2016 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn (Post 82826)
It's kind of hilarious that they seem to be fighting giving people the discount on an item that, given their other ML exclusive sets, will stagnate on the shelves and be on sale for at least half price every other month soon enough. Looking at you, Agents of SHIELD box set I got for $35. ;)

Yup, I have no doubt that this 2-pack will be in abundance at a clearance price.

Given that the Agents of Shield set had arguably more desirable characters (the hard to find Samuel L. Jackson Nick Fury, Phil Coulson in that spiffy suit, and Agent Hill) and still dropped down more than 50% in price, I think that a few more Iron Men will drop down to that in no time at all.

Rogue_Optimus 07-24-2016 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wintermute (Post 82901)
Yup, I have no doubt that this 2-pack will be in abundance at a clearance price.

Given that the Agents of Shield set had arguably more desirable characters (the hard to find Samuel L. Jackson Nick Fury, Phil Coulson in that spiffy suit, and Agent Hill) and still dropped down more than 50% in price, I think that a few more Iron Men will drop down to that in no time at all.

Think that'll happen with their new avengers pack as well?

Wintermute 07-24-2016 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue_Optimus (Post 82987)
Think that'll happen with their new avengers pack as well?

If TRU has the same stock levels for the new avengers pack as it did for the SHIELD 3 pack, it's probably gonna happen.