ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Action Figure News (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Canadian Toy & Hobby Fair 2009 Report (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=265)

Super_Megatron 01-26-2009 12:24 AM

Canadian Toy & Hobby Fair 2009 Report

9 Attachment(s)
AFN was in attendance at the 2009 Canadian Toy & Hobby Fair this weekend. We were able to take a few images of the Hasbro booth. Expect more information at next months 2009 Toy Fair in NYC. Click the thumbnail to check out the images that we could take.

Marvel:
-X-Men Origins Wolverine toys were behind the scenes to show retailers
Star Wars:
-Lots more Vehicle and Action Figure sets planned for 2009
-Target Exclusive 2009 Rancor is coming to Canada
Transformers:
-RPMs (Robot Powered Machines), Hot Wheel type cars with robot designs moulded onto the bottom
-Soundwave and Bumblebee are confirmed for the Revenge of the Fallen preview wave
-Tons of mock up Revenge of the Fallen toys behind the scenes to show retailers
G.I.Joe:
-Tons of mock up G.I Joe; Rise of Cobra toys behind the scenes to show retailers

Super_Megatron 01-26-2009 12:43 AM

Re: Canadian Toy & Hobby Fair 2009 Report

If anyone has any questions about the event feel free to post here, there are probably some things I forgot about. :p

Robimus 01-26-2009 12:58 AM

I love that Death Star framework behind the Arc-170 on the box art. Very nice :)

Seikaku 01-26-2009 01:02 AM

"-RPMs (Robot Powered Machines), Hot Wheel type cars with robot designs moulded onto the bottom"

We've seen a prototype of these.

"-Tons of mock up Revenge of the Fallen toys behind the scenes to show retailers including a Bumblebee Voice Changer Helmet and train set"

What is the train set all about?

Super_Megatron 01-26-2009 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seikaku (Post 282)

What is the train set all about?

Unfortunately it was just a packaging mock-up with no toys in it but you just jogged my memory. Apparently a robot will be included that will interfere with the train and cause if to head back in the other direction I believe.

Paradigm-Shift Prime 01-26-2009 01:32 AM

Was there any vintage transformers there? I thought about going to this show but their it sound like no tfs, plus I was a little busy. I haven't been watching for shows too closely, but I assume there hasn't really been much going on lately.

dak 01-26-2009 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super_Megatron (Post 283)
Unfortunately it was just a packaging mock-up with no toys in it but you just jogged my memory. Apparently a robot will be included that will interfere with the train and cause if to head back in the other direction I believe.

fancy.... lol.

Cyber-Kun 01-26-2009 01:36 AM

Any news or photos of more Marvel Universe 3 3/4 figs?

General Tekno 01-26-2009 01:55 AM

Anything more specific you can tell us about the ROTF stuff? If not here, then at Cybertron.ca or TFW?

Super_Megatron 01-26-2009 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paradigm-Shift Prime (Post 284)
Was there any vintage transformers there? I thought about going to this show but their it sound like no tfs, plus I was a little busy. I haven't been watching for shows too closely, but I assume there hasn't really been much going on lately.

This is an industry only event, not open to the public, and not with vendors selling at their booths. Retailers are showing buyers what will be hot this year.