ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Action Figure General Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY! (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=17234)

jimbing 04-07-2014 08:08 PM

THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY!

Every collector has those moments where they look back and say...."Damn! What was I thinking!" Here are some great figures I regrettably passed on...

1- Marvel Legends Hasbro Crossbones - at a comic convention. I think to myself"$30 bucks?? This just came out, what a rip off. Bah, I'll just wait to get it at Walmart!":crying:

2- Wolverine Origins Deluxe Deadpool with over sized cannon for $8 at Samko-Miko "Meh, what am I going to do
with a 3.75" Deadpool? I don't collect in that scale!" :banghead:

3- NECA Striker Eureka at 2013 Action Figure Expo $24 bucks "Looks cool, but the movie wasn't that good. What am I going to do with another robot? I'm here to find Archangel!" :doh:

Ah well, win some, lose some...

cloud 04-07-2014 08:23 PM

Re: THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY!

I thought Pacific Rim was a great movie. It's just the figures aren't as articulated as I hoped. But the 18" stuff is great.

aquanet 04-07-2014 09:51 PM

I was thinking of starting this thread today!!

just recently, A-bomb and Abomination at TRU, I figured I'd just wait an extra day for the sale. Go back the next day, gonzo.

The big one, I tell this story all the time. I passed on 3-4 Marvel Universe Ms. Marvel (Warbird) at Dufferin Mall walmart (they go for about $50-80 at some cons).

Marvel Universe Blade at Real Canadian Superstore on clearance.

Marvel Universe Omega Red at a comic store in my area for about $25, I thought it was gonna be at walmart in a couple of weeks. Boy was I wrong haha.

jimbing 04-08-2014 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquanet (Post 63311)
I was thinking of starting this thread today!!

just recently, A-bomb and Abomination at TRU, I figured I'd just wait an exta day for the sale. Go back the next day, gonzo.

The big one, I tell this story all the time. I passed on 3-4 Marvel Universe Ms. Marvel (Warbird) at Dufferin Mall walmart (they go for about $50-80 at some cons).

Marvel Universe Blade at Real Canadian Superstore on clearance.

Marvel Universe Omega Red at a comic store in my area for about $25, I thought it was gonna be at walmart in a couple of weeks. Boy was I wrong haha.

ooooo, those Ms. Marvels, wow, that one sounds painful, Blade and Omega too,

Good news is Walmart seems to have a restock on universe a bombs, I've been seeing them all over, sorry, Ive been to so many Walmart recently I cant remember which has what
, but a few Walmart have a bombs. I say Walmart too much.

Jko 04-08-2014 07:29 AM

S.H.Figuarts Super Saiyan Vegeta.

It was sitting, collecting dust, at an LCS in Winnipeg and I kept passing by it because I was more in to G.I. Joes at the time. It must've been on the shelves for a good 2 months.

I started collecting S.H.Fs when Dragon Ball Z first came out and never realized how amazing the figures were. Got an SSJ Goku and ran back that to the store, that same day. POOF! Gone, especially for 49.99...

SSJ Vegeta is now 200+ on eBay and rarely less than 120 on the import figures websites I buy from.

He's my "Great White Buffalo..." Le sigh.

jimbing 04-08-2014 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jko (Post 63318)
S.H.Figuarts Super Saiyan Vegeta.

It was sitting, collecting dust, at an LCS in Winnipeg and I kept passing by it because I was more in to G.I. Joes at the time. It must've been on the shelves for a good 2 months.

I started collecting S.H.Fs when Dragon Ball Z first came out and never realized how amazing the figures were. Got an SSJ Goku and ran back that to the store, that same day. POOF! Gone, especially for 49.99...

SSJ Vegeta is now 200+ on eBay and rarely less than 120 on the import figures websites I buy from.

He's my "Great White Buffalo..." Le sigh.

I like that great white buffalo term. Yeah, only recently did i discover how awesome figma is

comicbookboy 04-08-2014 02:03 PM

The only thing I regret not getting is Green Lantern Movie Parallax.

Then again, I gave up Parallax for other better figures. But now that I want a Parallax even more, i can't find him anywhere anymore.

Then there are a lot Iron man figures that I passed on mainly because I have a lot of iron man's but when I think of it I could've have made a mega Iron Man suit gallery.

other than those two nothing serious.

Zone55555 04-08-2014 03:46 PM

I turned my nose up at the Boga when SWIII:RoTS was in stores, I could've had it for $5 easy on discounts.

Now I'm kicking myself as it's a prominent hole in my collection and the ebay prices have been ludicrous whenever I've looked.

aquanet 04-08-2014 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbing (Post 63317)
ooooo, those Ms. Marvels, wow, that one sounds painful, Blade and Omega too,

Good news is Walmart seems to have a restock on universe a bombs, I've been seeing them all over, sorry, Ive been to so many Walmart recently I cant remember which has what
, but a few Walmart have a bombs. I say Walmart too much.

I know they aren't super rare, but getting it for under 10 would have been great too. I can live without A-bomb.

I missed Omega Red a couple of times, Silver Snail was sold out 10 mins before I got there! Damn!

Catwoman Bishoujo, I kick myself all the time when I see it at LCS for up in the $200 range. Could have got it for $50, but passed.

Wintermute 04-08-2014 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comicbookboy (Post 63329)
The only thing I regret not getting is Green Lantern Movie Parallax.

Then again, I gave up Parallax for other better figures. But now that I want a Parallax even more, i can't find him anywhere anymore.

Then there are a lot Iron man figures that I passed on mainly because I have a lot of iron man's but when I think of it I could've have made a mega Iron Man suit gallery.

other than those two nothing serious.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think Bounty Hunter Toys in Hamilton may have the Parallax BAF. Call them and ask!