ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Action Figure News (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Marvel Legends Infinite Series Captain America Wave 2 Released in Canada (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=17129)

Hantei 03-27-2014 05:01 PM

Marvel Legends Infinite Series Captain America Wave 2 Released in Canada

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks to a sighting made by AFN member flipnosis, we now know that wave 2 of the Marvel Legends Infinite Series Captain America figures have made it to Canadian retail. The second wave of the 6" series consists of Captain America, Winter Soldier, and Black Widow in their movie likeness.

The wave was found at a Wal-Mart in Manitoba where they retailed for $20.92 each.

To see what's been found in your area head on over to our Canadian Action Figure Sightings Forum.

flipnosis 03-27-2014 08:45 PM

Re: Marvel Legends Infinite Series Captain America Wave 2 Released in Canada

Glad I could help. To reiterate this is the case count I noticed:

1 x black widow
1 x red skull
1 x baron Zeno
2 x winter soldier
3 x movie cap

That's how all 3 cases were packed. Very disappointed that we can't army build the aim and hydra soldiers.

Toy Gremlin 03-27-2014 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flipnosis (Post 62837)
Glad I could help. To reiterate this is the case count I noticed:

1 x black widow
1 x red skull
1 x baron Zeno
2 x winter soldier
3 x movie cap

That's how all 3 cases were packed. Very disappointed that we can't army build the aim and hydra soldiers.

Yeah, kind of wished they replaced Zemo and Red Skull with the AIM and Hydra Soldier figures instead. While they are at it, remove 1 movie Cap and add 1 more Black Widow. :p

Alexander Quinn 03-28-2014 01:01 PM

Nice. And at Wal-Mart! I haven't seen wave 1 there yet, but I'd rather then go with wave 2 anyway.

wedge1021 03-28-2014 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn (Post 62863)
Nice. And at Wal-Mart! I haven't seen wave 1 there yet, but I'd rather then go with wave 2 anyway.

Maybe WM initially decided not to carry the Cap figures, but now that there is a lot of hype around the movie they thought they should get on the train quick? Hmm, but that would mean they actually pay attention to things like that.

Vorahk 03-28-2014 04:53 PM

All i need is a zemo and a the marvel now cap and i think i'm good for cap america figs. Might pick up black widow if i feel like it.

Super_Megatron 03-28-2014 07:00 PM

I have a hard time not wanting Black Widow.

The toy looks good too.

FETT1 03-29-2014 08:22 PM

holy crap these are expensive ...whoaaaaaa...

Toy Gremlin 03-29-2014 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FETT1 (Post 62918)

Wal-Mart prices on these are not that bad compared to prices at TRU.

FETT1 03-29-2014 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Gremlin (Post 62920)

TRU :canada: should be called TOYS RIPS US OFF
instead..:clapping::banghead::banghead:

Grayfox 03-29-2014 11:20 PM

Can anyone confirm seeing wave 1 at WalMart prior to these new figures showing up?

I was under the impression that Canada wide, WalMart wasn't stocking the Cap MLs.

Tonestar 03-30-2014 12:09 AM

Conirmed. Wal-mart is now getting Cap Legends. I went to 2 different locations today and they both had them...just the 2 different Caps though, everything else was picked clean and no sign of the second wave yet either at least in my area.

Grayfox 03-31-2014 03:19 AM

Anyone nice enough to post the UPCs for Black Widow (or any other Cap ML)?

Thanks!

Tonestar 03-31-2014 11:22 AM

I am nice enough to post a UPC code for you. I don't have Black Widow's as I have not found her yet but I do have an Agents of Hydra (Zemo/Aim Soldier) UPC #6 5356995511 5. Hope that helps.

Grayfox 03-31-2014 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonestar (Post 62981)
I am nice enough to post a UPC code for you. I don't have Black Widow's as I have not found her yet but I do have an Agents of Hydra (Zemo/Aim Soldier) UPC #6 5356995511 5. Hope that helps.

Thanks much!

Checked with the local WalMart, they won't carry the Cap MLs sadly. Damn Black Widow figure...so hard to acquire :(

behindthemask 03-31-2014 10:51 PM

I checked my Local Walmart today and they had no cap figures but they did have cap stuff like cosplay and 3 3/4'' stuff, but no 6'' figures, plenty of spidey figures, heard the revision cases were out which meant Spidergirl and Boomerang and I was right! found 1 of each, but left Boomerang as his paint apps were shit, checked TRU and Target and they have nothing new, and TRU charging $26.99/figure is ridiculous, there was a bunch of black cats and a few carnage's but not gonna blow $$ on extras, unless it's army builders.

Evan 03-31-2014 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Gremlin (Post 62920)

Quote:

Originally Posted by FETT1 (Post 62918)

The Cap figures seem to be $22.92 at Walmart. Interestingly, the Spidey figures seem to fluctuate in price depending on the store. I've seen them for both $19.92 and $22.92. I don't know what TRU charges, but I have heard they are more expensive on more than one occasion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grayfox (Post 62936)
Can anyone confirm seeing wave 1 at WalMart prior to these new figures showing up?

I was under the impression that Canada wide, WalMart wasn't stocking the Cap MLs.

I've seen the Cap wave 1 figures at Walmart but not nearly as often as Spidey. Maybe only certain stores are getting Cap?

Toy Gremlin 04-01-2014 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by behindthemask (Post 63013)
I checked my Local Walmart today and they had no cap figures but they did have cap stuff like cosplay and 3 3/4'' stuff, but no 6'' figures, plenty of spidey figures, heard the revision cases were out which meant Spidergirl and Boomerang and I was right! found 1 of each, but left Boomerang as his paint apps were shit, checked TRU and Target and they have nothing new, and TRU charging $26.99/figure is ridiculous, there was a bunch of black cats and a few carnage's but not gonna blow $$ on extras, unless it's army builders.

Yeah, the $26.99 price is way too much. I bought the more difficult to find figures (i.e. Black Cat, Hydra, and AIM) at TRU for that price and waited for a sale. Then got a price adjustment on them. If there is no sale during the adjustment period, I would have returned them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evan (Post 63018)
The Cap figures seem to be $22.92 at Walmart. Interestingly, the Spidey figures seem to fluctuate in price depending on the store. I've seen them for both $19.92 and $22.92. I don't know what TRU charges, but I have heard they are more expensive on more than one occasion.

TRU's regular prices for Spidey and Cap Legends are expensive. I believe TRU charges $26.99 each for both Spidey and Cap Legend figures. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evan (Post 63018)
I've seen the Cap wave 1 figures at Walmart but not nearly as often as Spidey. Maybe only certain stores are getting Cap?

I am hoping that is not the case. I would rather pay the $22.92 for these at Walmart than TRU's $26.99 price.

iammingy 04-01-2014 01:51 AM

Only Alberta and Manitoba are getting Wave 2 now...
The Ontario Walmarts had restocked Wave 1 and BC's don't have any, not even Wave 1... :(

Toy Gremlin 04-01-2014 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iammingy (Post 63025)
Only Alberta and Manitoba are getting Wave 2 now...
The Ontario Walmarts had restocked Wave 1 and BC's don't have any, not even Wave 1... :(

Yeah, I have been searching my local Walmart and they got nothing. Not even a peg for them. :(

FrostBoy 04-05-2014 01:44 PM

Saw these arrive in Mtl this week , passed by my Walmart and they had the Cap from the second wave , no Black Widow or Winter Soldier, but they are here so they should get more, the toysrus had none of the new figs in.
Still on the hunt for the Spider-man swaps!

Electro16 04-07-2014 07:24 PM

The variants have indeed hit Montreal, picked up cap & winter soldier, no sign of black widow. Not every walmart has them, some have the 1st wave, some have none at all and of the 4 I checked out only one had the variants. Were I found the variants I had the clerk check the back to see if they had a black widow, they had four other boxes all the first wave, so distribution for wave 2 seems slim at the moment.

chaingunsofdoom 04-12-2014 03:45 AM

WM here never carried wave 1, only TRU.

As for wave 2, they were only released either Thursday or Friday morning. But the numbers can't be 1 BW per case of 8. I was at 3 WM stores today, all recently unpacked but I was late, and BW was gone in all 3. Store 1: 15 figures on the shelf, no BW. Store 2: 14 figures on shelf, no BW and 1 WS gone. Store 3: 5 figures out of 16 gone. Just my experience from today.

Alexander Quinn 04-12-2014 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom (Post 63479)
WM here never carried wave 1, only TRU.

As for wave 2, they were only released either Thursday or Friday morning. But the numbers can't be 1 BW per case of 8. I was at 3 WM stores today, all recently unpacked but I was late, and BW was gone in all 3. Store 1: 15 figures on the shelf, no BW. Store 2: 14 figures on shelf, no BW and 1 WS gone. Store 3: 5 figures out of 16 gone. Just my experience from today.

Not sure I understand your argument here. She's only 1 per case, which is why you're having a hard time finding her. When they hit my store, they put out 20 figures at first. I grabbed her and Skull. Went back an hour and a half later to grab Winter Soldier and the only figures they had left where 4 movie Caps and a Zemo. The next day they put out the rest of the figures they had left, but it was only more Caps.

If its the number of figures on the shelf confusing you, your store probably stocks the same way mine does. Doesn't matter if they empty a box, they just fill the pegs or the shelf space. The rest goes in the back, though they never admit to it because they dont want to have to go back and search for individual figures for people.

SanMiguel 04-28-2014 11:58 PM

anyone seen Capt A winter soldier Capt America figure in Mississauga? thanks

Whitter 05-22-2014 06:07 AM

Stadium Comics in Shoppers World Brampton got a fresh case of wave 2 in yesterday

Djc 07-27-2014 12:01 PM

Just picked up Captain America And Winter soldier from wave 2 yesterday at Wal Mart in Whitby