ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Action Figure News (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   4" Mortal Kombat 9 Wave 2, Mortal Kombat Klassic Wave 1 Figures Released in Canada (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=10339)

Hantei 03-25-2012 05:29 PM

4" Mortal Kombat 9 Wave 2, Mortal Kombat Klassic Wave 1 Figures Released in Canada

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks to a sighting made by AFN member pandaprime, we now know wave 2 of Jazware's 4" Mortal Kombat 9, as well as wave 1 of the 4" Mortal Kombat Klassic, figures has hit Canadian retail. The MK9's second wave consists of Baraka, Raiden, and Reptile. While the Klassic wave consists of Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Reptile, and Noob Saibot.

The sighting was made at a Toys "R" Us in British Columbia. The MK Klassic figures are retailing for $9.99.

To see what's been found in your area head on over to our Canadian Action Figure Sightings Forum.

pandaprime 03-26-2012 12:14 AM

Re: 4" Mortal Kombat 9 Wave 2, Mortal Kombat Klassic Wave 1 Figures Released in Canad

cool! how about that 15 points of articulation? is that close to joe figures?

Toy Gremlin 03-26-2012 12:27 AM

Re: 4" Mortal Kombat 9 Wave 2, Mortal Kombat Klassic Wave 1 Figures Released in Canad

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandaprime (Post 41844)
cool! how about that 15 points of articulation? is that close to joe figures?

It's pretty close. I think GI Joe figures may have more.

Here is what the 4in MK figures have for articulation:
Ball joint head, shoulders, elbows, hips, knees, feet, waist (ab crunch), and swivel hands.

Hantei 03-26-2012 02:44 AM

How's the QC on these figures? Better than Jazwares' Street Fighter stuff?

Toy Gremlin 03-26-2012 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hantei (Post 41848)
How's the QC on these figures? Better than Jazwares' Street Fighter stuff?

It's a bit better. However, the paint apps are still not that great. I've seen sloppy paint apps and paint chips coming off the figures. So it's best to take a closer look before purchasing.

Robimus 03-26-2012 01:10 PM

I saw some of the 4 inch guys the other day. They looked to be about 1 step removed from dollar store KO's in terms of detail. Not real nice imo.

C Spray 03-29-2012 12:23 AM

Nice..Reptile get over heerreeee..~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

I got the 4 inch..they look fine. Better then hasbro paint aps in my opinion. I think they look better then dollar store comparison. Anything not Hasbro I will respect in all of its aspects. Might not be as "good" as hasbro..but I am sure this company is a lot smaller.

Hantei 04-01-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Gremlin (Post 41851)
It's a bit better. However, the paint apps are still not that great. I've seen sloppy paint apps and paint chips coming off the figures. So it's best to take a closer look before purchasing.

Haha, just saw these the other day, the second wave of MK9 look as bad as the SF figures (paint wise). The MKK look alright though. I wonder why Jazware's fighter lines are struggling in the QC department, their Sonic figures don't look like this.