ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Hasbro Toy Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   6" Dungeons & Dragons Cartoon Classics Series Figures (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=40913)

Eko123 09-23-2022 07:46 PM

6" Dungeons & Dragons Cartoon Classics Series Figures

13 Attachment(s)
Toynewsi.com showed previews of the upcoming 6" Dungeons & Dragons animated series figures based on the Saturday morning cartoon.

https://toynewsi.com/278-44499

The first wave will include Bobby and Uni, Hank and Diana.

The Dungeon Master & Venger 2-pack will be a Target exclusive.

They're available to pre-order in the U.S. from Target.

Robimus 09-23-2022 10:12 PM

Re: 6" Dungeons & Dragons Cartoon Classics Series Figures

I’d be far more interested in updates of the original toy line. Strongheart, Warduke, etc.

Eko123 09-23-2022 11:02 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Robimus (Post 146033)
I?d be far more interested in updates of the original toy line. Strongheart, Warduke, etc.

If you want those, another company, NECA actually showed off some 7" figures back in July at the San Diego Comic Con that are based on the old LJN Dungeons & Dragons figures, as reported by Toynewsi.com and other websites. They are scheduled to be released in 2023.

https://toynewsi.com/139-43816

Eko123 09-23-2022 11:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And for those who want figures based on the original D&D role playing game, Hasbro Pulse has the exclusive Drizzt action figure which is readily available.

That one is 6" and would probably be compatible with the animated D&D cartoon figures.

https://hasbropulse.com/products/dun...ulse-exclusive

Robimus 09-25-2022 01:37 AM

Ah, thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eko123 (Post 146034)
If you want those, another company, NECA actually showed off some 7" figures back in July at the San Diego Comic Con that are based on the old LJN Dungeons & Dragons figures, as reported by Toynewsi.com and other websites. They are scheduled to be released in 2023.

https://toynewsi.com/139-43816

chaingunsofdoom 09-25-2022 01:45 PM

The Drizzt and Gwen D&D set was one of the best releases last year. Shame there's been nothing new for that line.

These coming in at $25 USD will mean C$40? The cartoon accuracy looks good, but the thinness of these and Venger traffic cone articulation has me worried. Hope we see something more at HasCon.

Lord Scareglow 12-03-2022 03:39 PM

These toons figures have been released in Canada

https://www.djccollectibles.ca/colle...ns-and-dragons

chaingunsofdoom 01-03-2023 05:25 PM

These are $35.99 @ TRU in-store today and work for their sale that ends tomorrow. Comes to under $29 if you find another item to go with the trio.

nighthawk 01-03-2023 08:25 PM

Be careful with Hank's right hand. Read a few people on Instagram had the right hand snap off.

Robimus 01-22-2023 11:44 PM

Lots of issues with this line qc wise. Be sure to heat them up.

Eko123 02-16-2023 03:24 PM

13 Attachment(s)
Pics of the second wave of animated Dungeons & Dragons figures.

erik352 02-16-2023 04:03 PM

is venger / dragon master available in canada? or only at target/pulse?

Tonestar 02-16-2023 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erik352 (Post 150505)
is venger / dragon master available in canada? or only at target/pulse?

Available at TRU for $72.99.

Lord Scareglow 04-14-2023 03:07 PM

Anyone have those NECA D&D figures yet? I am contemplating getting them, but what do we think about them scaling with Hasbro's stuff, I know they are on the 7'' scale, and I'm not concerned with them scaling with the toon figures, just the Monsters, these guys too tall?

chaingunsofdoom 04-14-2023 04:15 PM

I saw the 2 NECA ones @ a comic shop here today (around $50 each). They look large like you mentioned, but I'm not sure how they scale with anything as they were in-package.

Lord Scareglow 04-15-2023 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom (Post 151895)
I saw the 2 NECA ones @ a comic shop here today (around $50 each). They look large like you mentioned, but I'm not sure how they scale with anything as they were in-package.

Yeah my thoughts are, is Hasbro going to get around to doing these guys as well? or is NECA going to be the only game in town?, because if Hasbro is going to do them they will likely scale correctly and be a bit cheaper, these guys at like 60 seems a bit much, I really want them thats the problem.

do we think that Hasbro won't do these two characters or that they might? I'm so torn.

canprime 04-15-2023 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Scareglow (Post 151906)
Yeah my thoughts are, is Hasbro going to get around to doing these guys as well? or is NECA going to be the only game in town?, because if Hasbro is going to do them they will likely scale correctly and be a bit cheaper, these guys at like 60 seems a bit much, I really want them thats the problem.

do we think that Hasbro won't do these two characters or that they might? I'm so torn.

Well the movie was ok at the box office apparently, but not a "hit" per se. The toy lines don't seem to be moving much, but we'll have to wait and see on that scope.

However my feeling is that D&D isn't doing that well so I don't imagine Hasbro will put much more product out after the current reveals.

Napseeker 04-15-2023 07:16 PM

It's also worth pointing out that Hasbro's quality control on their DnD figures has been terrible, with plenty of pics being posted a month ago of Bobby and Hank coming right out of the box with necks, wrists and legs that snap off easily.

The quality of the NECA figures may be better for the price that you're paying for them (although in the distant past, NECA figures too had some breakage issues, but not lately as they shifted over to a new/better factory).

chaingunsofdoom 04-15-2023 07:30 PM

The Animated ones maybe lacking, but the lone 6" Drizzt and Gwenhywar they released were figures of the year candidates a few years ago. I haven't seen the Honor Among Theives ones out of package yet, so not sure how those fit with him.

Robimus 04-16-2023 03:45 AM

Scale with some other lines. Warduke is 7.5 inches tall. 8 inches to the top tips of his helm.

https://i.postimg.cc/RCR973Zr/20230416-024406.jpg

chaingunsofdoom 04-16-2023 08:38 PM

I saw Warduke and the other guy @ GS here today, priced at $59.99 minus whatever your Edge discount is.

Lord Scareglow 04-17-2023 05:47 PM

Ended up seeing NECA Warduke & Grimsword in GS, and caved and bought them, they look damn good, I had to.

now watch Hasbro will announce they are doing these 2 like tomorrow.

canprime 04-17-2023 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Scareglow (Post 151951)
Ended up seeing NECA Warduke & Grimsword in GS, and caved and bought them, they look damn good, I had to.

I don't know, the current movie and cartoon toys don't seem to be moving. From what different forums, and youtubers, have been reporting it doesn't look like the toy are doing all that well.

The movie was apparently pretty good, but I wouldn't say it has had much impact at large. Which unfortunately translates to the toys as well. Also it doesn't help that there were a lot of reports of breakage on the cartoon toys right out of the package. That probably left a bad taste in collector's mouths which could make them gun shy with the movie toys.

Too bad if it turns out to be true because there are some really great looking figures/creatures in the movie line. I really like those diceling toys, however not enough to pay full price for them.

Robimus 04-17-2023 11:08 PM

Cartoon toys are already 50% off at Targets in some recent youtube toy hunt vids

Zanth 04-18-2023 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Scareglow (Post 151951)

And Hasbro would never make them as well or have them look as good. I have never seen Grimsword, but I bought Warduke and have him displayed with the characters from the cartoon, the colossal red dragon from years ago and Hasbro's Drizzt figure. Only Drizzt is not embarrassed by the quality of the NECA figure.

Seeing Hasbro's current offering of D&D figures from the film, there is no way we will see anything close to what NECA can and does give us. Warduke scales well in my display, looking the part of a massive a evil fighter. Venger is just a wee bit taller. It's perfect.

Zanth 04-18-2023 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canprime (Post 151960)
... Also it doesn't help that there were a lot of reports of breakage on the cartoon toys right out of the package. That probably left a bad taste in collector's mouths which could make them gun shy with the movie toys.

This is a major factor. The inability to see the figures paired with the frail product at large is keeping plenty of collectors away from them - especially at the high price. The articulation is embarrassing at this price point. The accessories are fine in my opinion and I really like the design of many of the figures, very close to the cartoon in those cases but at $36 CAD, windowless packaging, many videos of broken figures out of the box or when first posing... yeah, not great.

I know there are suspicions that the figures are old designs that were finally pushed out because of the legal threats against inaction on Hasbro's part regarding the D&D brand at large.

Venger needs a new head sculpt at least, and Dungeon Master could use one as well. DM also needs an accessory or two.

I think Bobby with Uni is the best of the bunch and offers the most value, then Presto, who looks great, poses well and has the ability to have a hat on his head or in hand with a magical effect for display.

If Hasbro continues with cartoon releases, a better Venger on Night-mare would be welcomed, along with Shadow Demon. Dekkion is one of my favourites and would look great. They could take inspiration from the Four Horsemen. Tiamat in all her raging magesty would have to be Haslab I think in order to do her justice.

That said, the creatures from the D&D film look promising. The displacer beast is gorgeous and looks worth the price despite being an upgraded version of Drizzt's pet jaguar. Xanathar the beholder also looks incredible. I have them both on preorder from Hasbro Pulse.

Eko123 05-11-2023 01:48 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Hasbro released official images of its new upcoming Drizzt figure.

It does not appear to be an exclusive as you can pre-order it on Entertainment Earth and Big Bad Toy Store.

Lord Scareglow 05-30-2023 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eko123 (Post 152439)
Hasbro released official images of its new upcoming Drizzt figure.

It does not appear to be an exclusive as you can pre-order it on Entertainment Earth and Big Bad Toy Store.

Has this figure gone up for Pre-Order anywhere yet in Canada? or did I miss something?

Wintermute 05-30-2023 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Scareglow (Post 152729)
Has this figure gone up for Pre-Order anywhere yet in Canada? or did I miss something?

I've been looking pretty regularly and haven't found anything yet.

Eko123 05-30-2023 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Scareglow (Post 152729)

You can also pre-order it from the Pulse website.

https://hasbropulse.com/products/dun...archive-drizzt

chaingunsofdoom 06-14-2023 07:18 PM

The Classics are still full price, but WM here has Wave 1 of the movie figs at $19 clearance. YMMV by store so check stocktrack first...

ghostlurk29 07-15-2023 07:39 AM

Robimus 07-15-2023 11:25 AM

I need a Tasslehoff Burrfoot. This makes me think it might happen.

Wintermute 07-15-2023 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostlurk29 (Post 153736)

Awesome, thanks for the link! Been waiting for this show up on amazon.ca

lifedragon99 07-15-2023 04:18 PM

Has anyone seen Golden Archive Displace Beast for pre-order in Canada?

Also the Regular Owl Beast is up for pre order on Gamestop.ca, but listed as a Pulse Exclusive. Is there any Information on Xanathar being available in Canada?

I love this line, need more affordable fantasy figures.

Lord Scareglow 07-20-2023 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostlurk29 (Post 153736)

Yo thank you for that! I have been searching for this figure, nice it's in stock and ready to go, much appreciated

Robert Fett 08-17-2023 01:07 PM

Found Classic Wave 1 (Diana, Hank, Bobby) at Toronto Walmart for $9. YMMV by location, so check Stocktrack to be sure.

canprime 11-20-2023 05:17 PM

Just got the TRU Black Friday flyer in the mail.

D&D figs will be 50% off.

chaingunsofdoom 11-20-2023 10:51 PM

^ finally time to get the salt and pepper shaker Venger set for less than $40.

Robimus 11-21-2023 12:19 AM

Too bad that Drizzt never made it to tru here. I would have grabbed it for $20