ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Action Figure News (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Toys "R" Us Canada Sales from April 12th to April 18th (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=13343)

Hantei 04-11-2013 12:40 PM

Toys "R" Us Canada Sales from April 12th to April 18th

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks to a heads up from AFN member Toy Gremlin, Toys "R" Us Canada has the following deals in effect starting tomorrow. The sale runs from April 12th to April 18th.
  • 25% Off all Marvel figures, vehicles, and role-play items. Excludes clearance and LEGO.
  • 20% Off all LEGO Super Heroes, Monster Fighters, and Hero Factory Building Sets. Excludes clearance and Iron Man 3
  • 30% Off all K'Nex Mario sets. Excludes clearance.
  • Buy 1 Save 15%, Buy 2 Save 25%, or Buy 3 Save 35% on all Mega Bloks Building sets (of equal or lesser value). Excludes clearance, True Heroes, Ride-ons and Castles.
Also, for those who purchase Injustice: Gods Among Us from TRU you get a FREE DC Collectibles 3.75" Injustice Green Arrow figure (the Green Arrow picture shown on the flyer is the same one from the Green Arrow & Deathstroke 3.75" Two-Pack).

Croaker 04-11-2013 12:52 PM

Re: Toys "R" Us Canada Sales from April 12th to April 18th

Not bad - that green arrow fig is the only one I wanted. Might consider...

Toy Gremlin 04-12-2013 12:14 AM

I would go for it if I haven't already put money down on a pre-order at EB Games.

pandaprime 04-12-2013 11:21 AM

if only my local store would stock some new Marvel figures.....Universe or Legends....sigh

tekkamanraiden 04-12-2013 12:15 PM

Just in time for the new lego super heroes sets.

Scrapper6 04-12-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tekkamanraiden (Post 53720)
Just in time for the new lego super heroes sets.

Except those new sets are Iron Man 3 related and TRU expressily omitted them from the sale, for whatever reason.

This was good news on the K'Nex front though, I got to price adjust Diddy and DK and picked up Toad and Yoshi for cheap... Bring on Target and the NSMB Wii wave so I can have all of them.

Rogue_Optimus 04-12-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapper6 (Post 53735)
Except those new sets are Iron Man 3 related and TRU expressily omitted them from the sale, for whatever reason.

This was good news on the K'Nex front though, I got to price adjust Diddy and DK and picked up Toad and Yoshi for cheap... Bring on Target and the NSMB Wii wave so I can have all of them.

I broke and picked up the NSMB wave, I broke the decoder for it if your interested. I couldn't seem to find one on the net for the new stuff

Scrapper6 04-13-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue_Optimus (Post 53738)
I broke and picked up the NSMB wave, I broke the decoder for it if your interested. I couldn't seem to find one on the net for the new stuff

That's ok, I skipped out on Mario and Luigi from the Wii Kart wave so I could just snag the entire Wii SMB wave and not have to worry about codes. Just snag one of ever unique underlined number and bam, all nine guaranteed.

I kind of hope they make a big Airship set with Bowser Junior, I've always wanted an Airship to display and as long as it wasn't too expensive or too loaded down with cheap gimmicky things I think it would work quite nicely as a decent display item.

I'd also like to see them branch out abit with a few more characters, namely more colored Yoshis and Toads (Like the SMG Toad Brigade), the entire group of Koopalings, a DK Country wave with Cranky, Dixie, Lanky, Chunky, Tiny and maybe Candy if they ever went that way, wouldn't object to a few Kremlings and Funky either. Plus, Daisy, Rosalina, and maybe a few villains like Goombas and stuff.

They have to own the entire roster of anyone from Marioverse and possibly a few more from DK verse at least. Naturally I'd also like to see more power-up suits, like Penguin Suits and Tanooki Suits and Hammer Bros. Suits a Frog Suit Luigi would be hillarious. Er, but I digress.

One minor nitpick, my Diddy has paint issues on one of his eyes, it's a bit faded and the iris is too large because of it. Not that bad I suppose, I can't really complain, this is the most affordable method of collecting fun little Nintendo themed characters for my shelf without wasting money on those non-poseable PVC style figures. Kind of wish they could hold LEGO accessories though, but their hands are too large, I couldn't even get them to hold the LEGO banana piece for my 'Oh Banana' image I wanted to do. (You'd have to have played DK64 to get that reference.)

FETT1 04-13-2013 10:16 AM

it WOULD be nice if TRU brought in some NEW product!!!
You know,for a toy store they reallly suck @ times!!

:rant::D

pandaprime 04-13-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FETT1 (Post 53747)
it WOULD be nice if TRU brought in some NEW product!!!
You know,for a toy store they reallly suck @ times!!

:rant::D

x 10 !