ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Action Figure General Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Super Power Collectibles contact (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=16128)

Gary744 01-03-2014 07:49 PM

Super Power Collectibles contact

Hey guys,

Anyone have a contact for superpowercollectibles? I've been trying to get my pre-order money back, however I don't even get a response to emails. The store has been closed for months now. So has my money been stolen? its starting to feel like it...

canprime 01-03-2014 10:29 PM

Re: Super Power Collectibles contact

I'm in the same boat, and now his Ebay account is gone so I would hazard a guess your money is gone (like mine).

I'm lucky it was only 10% for 1 item so it wasn't very much money, but it does suck he seems to have reneged on trying to return preorder money.

Best bet, keep trying but don't get your hopes up.

ryceball89 01-04-2014 01:44 AM

Me too... I received an email about a month ago that he will return the money... Have a large order missing...

ambasah 01-04-2014 02:14 AM

Marcio said he would refund the remaining deposits in Jan.

My understanding is that he has been going through some personal stuff which caused him to have to close his business.

Give him a few weeks. If you do not receive a refund, I may be able to get you in touch with him...

Gary744 01-08-2014 06:16 PM

I guess I'll wait a bit longer... not much else I can do.

davalanche 01-10-2014 12:11 AM

Hi everyone,

I am also waiting on 2 pre-order refunds..

Found this forum / thread while trying to figure out what was going on exactly, as it has been quite a while since the store closing announcement and I didn't get a response to email either.

liono 01-10-2014 03:49 PM

He refunded me on 2 big orders end of Dec. I think he's good for the money.

Thunder 01-10-2014 08:55 PM

Hello guys. I'm in the same situation: had 2 preorders that have yet to be refunded. I was told that I would have to wait until new year.

Can someone help?

ambasah 01-14-2014 10:23 AM

if you do not hear from him by the end on the month pm me and i will try and get you in touch with him.

Thunder 01-15-2014 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambasah (Post 60206)
if you do not hear from him by the end on the month pm me and i will try and get you in touch with him.

Thanks! Hope this goes well.

jm728 01-17-2014 05:10 AM

Hello, same situation here. I ordered over $100 worth of stuff in August 2013. I have emailed a few times, he gave me the run around. Last email he said after the new year. Hope I get my refund soon.

MichaelTatlock 01-21-2014 03:06 PM

I'm in the same boat ($400 worth of money that needs to be refunded) and I haven't heard from him since the end of Dec. At the time, he said next year. I've emailed twice since then and no reply.

I do think he will refund the money, as he seems like a nice guy, but the nicest thing to do and let has know exactly what is going on.

Hopefully this gets straightened out soon and if I hear from him, i'll be sure to reply to this thread and hopefully if someone hears they'll do the same. Good luck everyone!

FreedomGundam 01-22-2014 11:39 AM

I had about $50 in preorder funds with SPC; I was gonna try to contact him, but seeing this thread, I'm not the only one in the situation.
I'll wait patiently to see what happens in the next few weeks.

Batman 01-25-2014 11:38 PM

I got my refund for 2 different preorders way back in October or November (about $130). I pestered him a lot and glad I did because it sounds like I'd still be waiting if I didn't.

Sucks that his store went under, but I gotta say the whole thing has soured me on buying from the little guy. You really never know when something like this will happen.

JTCh 01-25-2014 11:56 PM

We exchanged a couple emails a week after the store's shutdown and I got my money back (~$80).

MichaelTatlock 01-30-2014 10:52 AM

Tomorrow is the last day for refunds and seeing how there hasn't been any contact and numerous emails sent, I have a feeling we won't be getting our money back this month.

Anyone else hear from him? Any word would be nice, as not responding at all is very disrespectful and I don't think I would ever do business with him again, which is a damn shame.

liono 01-30-2014 11:06 AM

I also pestered him in Dec for 2 preorders, I received the refund $185. I emailed him once a week...it was Christmas and I needed the funds.

Gary744 01-30-2014 06:22 PM

I sent a ton of e-mails also but I still haven't received my money yet. He stopped answering my e-mails quite some time ago.

Thunder 01-30-2014 07:07 PM

I could kick myself for trusting the guy and not insisting in getting my money back long ago like others did....

austin12 01-30-2014 07:26 PM

I ordered MOS Superman from him and got suspicious when I noticed he removed all sixth scale figures from his site.So I emailed him about it,and his response was that they nolonger can carry sixth scale but he assured me that all orders would still be filled. Being he wouldnt give me a reason why sideshow had pulled out I felt something didnt seem right,so I asked him for a refund,only $40 deposit but still,and he sent me a refund the same day.Soon after he closed down. So Im glad I asked when I did. I feel for all you guys still waiting. Hopefully he will get around to all of you, Weird that he wont at least respond to emails though.You never know when the small guy has to close down now adays.Thats why I never give more then the deposit before my figure comes in. Have faith everyone.

adriantripod 01-30-2014 08:06 PM

All my dealings with him were very pleasant. Great service, and when he announced he was closing up I got a refund on my order pretty much immediately. Shame. Who's left to go to in Canada for figures?

Peeuhls 02-03-2014 02:19 AM

Hey guys, I'm in the same boat. $113 for Team Fortress 2 figures. It was the second time I ordered things from him. He seemed like a nice bloke, even wrote 'thanks' on my receipt.

I actually found this thread through Google; I'm relieved I did. I waited until today to fill out something for Paypal to at least give him some more time past January. I'm over the buyer-protection limit but I'm hoping I at least get told if I'll actually be getting my money back.

Has anyone heard anything from him yet?

ambasah 02-03-2014 12:25 PM

I have sent him a message to try and figure out what is going on. I will report back as soon as I hear something.

You can also follow this thread:

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/fo...bles-(/page135

MichaelTatlock 02-04-2014 09:47 AM

Still waiting on a response or refund. I see everyone else is as well. Damn shame.

SuperPowerCollectbls 02-05-2014 09:33 AM

To all of you,

First let me start by apologizing for the lack of communication on my part and for not getting all the refunds out as of yet. I am terribly sorry and the last thing I wanted was to ruin my name. I am an honest hard working guy who is not out to scam anyone.

I am not one to ever share my personal life online to strangers but I feel this situation is exigent and you all deserve an explanation. You were all truly great customers and made SPC what it was! I never intended to close SPC, ever!

Sometime back in late September my wife decided to divorce me. This came as an absolute shock to me, it was literally out of the blue! Once i found this out my life changed rapidly, I immediately had to change everything about my routine and my life in general. I had to leave my house by the beginning of October, since I did not have enough time to find a place of my own, I ended up sleeping on several friends couches for the last few months. I tried my best to still issues all the refunds I could to my customers but when November came around I still did not have a place to live and was moving from one friends house to another. By this point I no longer had a place to live, I had to close SPC, I had no other choice! Believe it or not I spent the holidays living in a disgusting homeless shelter, it was the worst experience of my life!

I did not have any internet access for the last few months and hence why I could not communicate with all of you. Financially speaking I'm a mess right now. I do have a full time job but after paying my rent, groceries etc the rest of it goes to divorce lawyers so I can try and keep my house still! Having said that, I am taking all the overtime shifts I can and will start to once again issue some refunds to all of you. I may not be able to refund you 100% all at once but will try to give you at least a partial refund.

I know I have already asked all of you for more time in the past but all I can do is once again ask for more time, I really don't have a choice right now. It will take me some time to refund all my remaining customers 100% of their money. I cannot provide an estimate of when all these refunds will be complete. You will now get more communication as now I at least have internet again.

I know and understand if some of you will continue to be upset with me, I get it! I would want my money quickly as well if I was the customer. I know what's it's like to be in your shoes but I also thank you for being patient with me.

I'm truly sorry for the hassle I have caused all of you!
Marcio

MichaelTatlock 02-05-2014 01:08 PM

Marcio, I am truly sorry to hear about your situation. It sucks big time and I wish the best for you. I hope everything works out in the end and I truly believe it will.

By the way, this is for the other people, Marcio emailed me today and refunded me part of my order. He is definitely good on his word, even if his life is turned around right now.

Peeuhls 02-05-2014 08:17 PM

Thank you so much, Marcio. I was mostly concerned about whether I'd actually get money back at all. Hell, I can wait.

Thanks for working your hardest to give us our cash back. Best of luck to you with your life, my friend. I hope it all goes well for you.

SuperPowerCollectbls 02-06-2014 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelTatlock (Post 60935)
Marcio, I am truly sorry to hear about your situation. It sucks big time and I wish the best for you. I hope everything works out in the end and I truly believe it will.

By the way, this is for the other people, Marcio emailed me today and refunded me part of my order. He is definitely good on his word, even if his life is turned around right now.

thanks buddy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peeuhls (Post 60959)
Thank you so much, Marcio. I was mostly concerned about whether I'd actually get money back at all. Hell, I can wait.

Thanks for working your hardest to give us our cash back. Best of luck to you with your life, my friend. I hope it all goes well for you.

thanks for understanding

FreedomGundam 02-07-2014 10:38 AM

Thanks for coming in and giving us an update, Marcio. I'm sorry to hear about it all, you do have my sympathies.

I have no issues waiting longer to get my refund as well; until then, do your best to get everything in your life back in order.

I wish you all the best in the meantime!

SuperPowerCollectbls 02-07-2014 11:34 AM

thanks very much for your patience and understanding! means more to me than you know!

[/I]
Quote:

Originally Posted by FreedomGundam (Post 61030)
Thanks for coming in and giving us an update, Marcio. I'm sorry to hear about it all, you do have my sympathies.

I have no issues waiting longer to get my refund as well; until then, do your best to get everything in your life back in order.

I wish you all the best in the meantime!

davalanche 02-07-2014 01:45 PM

I private messaged Marcio thanking him for the update / wishing him well and shortly thereafter received a refund for the first of my two pre-orders with a reassurance that the second would eventually be refunded as well. I had also just wanted to make sure that I was actually on his 'to be refunded' list and to let him know that I was in no big rush to get the money back.

Just wanted to provide everyone with an update.

SuperPowerCollectbls 03-23-2014 11:17 AM

everyone that has PM'ed me should have their refunds now .. If I missed anyone, please PM me

thanks!

jm728 03-23-2014 07:42 PM

Hello Marcio.... Thank you for the update. I was very sorry to hear about everything you went through and I hope you're in a better situation now. I tried to send a pm a while back but I don't think it went through since it isn't showing up in my sent folder. I messaged you again. Thank you

MichaelTatlock 03-24-2014 09:00 AM

Private message sent.

cky_ibm 03-25-2014 08:32 AM

Hi Marcio,

I have sent you a PM. Please let me know when you get it, as the email for Super Powers Collectibles is no longer working.

Thank you,
-Ian

SuperPowerCollectbls 03-25-2014 08:11 PM

got all of your PM's

you'll get refunded on my next round of refunds

don't have an ETA but you will get them

thanks for understanding

evashucrushu 04-03-2014 08:35 PM

Hey everyone,

new to the boards.
Actually came across them because i was trying to track down Super Power Collectibles (Marcio)

Just wanted to update everyone on my situation.

I was owed just over $700 (from pre-orders and pending purchases).

Got in touch with Marcio
Hey got back to me right away and paid me back IN FULL within the week!

SuperPowerCollectbls 04-03-2014 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evashucrushu (Post 63147)
Hey everyone,

new to the boards.
Actually came across them because i was trying to track down Super Power Collectibles (Marcio)

Just wanted to update everyone on my situation.

I was owed just over $700 (from pre-orders and pending purchases).

Got in touch with Marcio
Hey got back to me right away and paid me back IN FULL within the week!

Welcome to the boards and thanks for posting this!

Thank you so much for understanding my situation and for your patience! Really appreciate it!

SuperPowerCollectbls 04-03-2014 11:17 PM

I just want to update everyone regarding my email situation. I've just realized that the only email that is working now is: superpowercollectibles@gmail.com

None of the other emails work at this time, please let others know who may be trying to get in touch with me and haven't received my reply.

Thanks

ryceball89 04-03-2014 11:21 PM

Hey,
Just wanted to Thank Marcio for responding to my PM and issuing me the refund!