ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Action Figure News (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The Dark Knight Rises Figures Released in Canada (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=10820)

Hantei 05-25-2012 04:24 PM

The Dark Knight Rises Figures Released in Canada

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks to sightings made by AFN members Matrix_Holder and Tonestar, we now know The Dark Knight Rises figures have hit Canadian retail. The first wave of the 6" movie masters line includes Batman, Alfred, and Bane. Also, like Mattel's Green Lantern movie line, there is a separate 3.75" figure line.

The sightings were made at Toys "R" Us in Ontario. Thanks goes to Matrix_Holder for the photo.

To see what's been found in your area head on over to our Canadian Action Figure Sightings Forum.

Whitter 05-25-2012 05:12 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Rises Figures Released in Canada

Saw these in Brampton, not very good looking figures:(

Onslaught 05-25-2012 05:26 PM

The Movie Masters look alright, but man, those 4" figures look ridiculous. Comparing those to MU figures is just embarassing. I can't believe that Mattel and DC are proud (I doubt they are, but at least they save some money...) to put out that kind of product when Hasbro and Marvel have much more impressive products in the same scale (although their movie figures also got a little worse than their regular MU product). At this point in time, 4/5 points of articulation for an action figure is just completely unacceptable and simply a cheap way for them to try to make money off of kids, cause no adult collector is going to buy any of these.

Hantei 05-25-2012 05:32 PM

Hey, I just noticed from Matrix_Holder's photo that Bats is in his new 52 colors. Haha, neat. Too bad they're poorly articulated like the Green Lantern ones.

Darth Cylon 05-25-2012 05:33 PM

Can't look back from Hot Toys now.

Matrix_Holder 05-25-2012 05:40 PM

The figure actually looks like something kotoys would sell..lol. real dollar store quality there.

tfHunter 05-25-2012 06:03 PM

They've hit here as well in Edmonton. Yay! At least this time we didn't miss out on the MM stuff.

StarwarsTF 05-25-2012 06:06 PM

GI Joe, DKR and spider man were all released today, by TRU

Napseeker 05-25-2012 06:19 PM

I would've bought those 3.75" Batman figures IF DC/Mattel had actually made 3.75" figures. These dinky wonders are what... 3" or 2.8" tall? Batman looks like a total wimp!

There's a reason why I've never bought any DC figures, Mattel can't make action figures worth a damn. Quite annoyed, because I would've really liked some MarvelU-quality Batmans to display.

Toy Gremlin 05-25-2012 11:07 PM

Yeah, just saw these today at my local TRU. The smaller figures look pretty bad. :( I sure hope the stores didn't load up on these smaller figures like they did with the GL stuff.

The TDKR Movie Masters look ok, but the $21.99 price tag is a bit much so I only picked up an Alfred figure. I needed one to go with my custom Bruce Wayne figure. :p For the other figures, I'll wait for a sale before I get them.

Is it just me or does the TDKR Batman Movie master figure look exactly like the Dark Knight Version just a little bit shinier?