ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   G.I. Joe Toy News (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Rise of Cobra Variant Cards? (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=2078)

Fusion 07-16-2009 04:12 PM

Rise of Cobra Variant Cards?

I was at Walmart two weekends ago (I'm there almost everyday) and I saw the new Rise of Cobra figures as they were just being put out. Of coarse, I checked them out and noticed that the Storm Shadow figure had a cardboard dog tag hanging off the side of it. Is this a variant? I had Storm Shadow, Cobra Commander, and Paris Pursuit Snake Eyes in my hands and then decide against them and put them back on the peg. Maybe I shouldn't have?:mad: but I figured I 'd wait for a sale.:D Anyway, I haven't seen one of the carded figures with the Dog tag since. Has anyone else seen these? or know what they are?

Thanks

Stryfe2025 07-16-2009 04:25 PM

Re: Rise of Cobra Variant Cards?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fusion (Post 5524)
I was at Walmart two weekends ago (I'm there almost everyday) and I saw the new Rise of Cobra figures as they were just being put out. Of coarse, I checked them out and noticed that the Storm Shadow figure had a cardboard dog tag hanging off the side of it. Is this a variant? I had Storm Shadow, Cobra Commander, and Paris Pursuit Snake Eyes in my hands and then decide against them and put them back on the peg. Maybe I shouldn't have?:mad: but I figured I 'd wait for a sale.:D Anyway, I haven't seen one of the carded figures with the Dog tag since. Has anyone else seen these? or know what they are?

Thanks

I'm not sure these are a variant , rather more a "FIrst Day Release" as such.
At least, that's what I think.
Actually, if you grab a TRU flier and take it to Wal-Mart, they'll price match the figures for $6.97.

Fusion 07-16-2009 04:28 PM

Thank you!

Evan 07-21-2009 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryfe2025 (Post 5526)
I'm not sure these are a variant , rather more a "FIrst Day Release" as such.

I got a Snake Eyes with the "dog tag." If I had realized, I may have bought a couple more. Haven't seen any more since then. I managed to find some "first day of issue" Clone Wars figures too last summer. Does anyone else go nuts for "first day" figures, or is it just me?

faustx 09-16-2009 10:06 AM

For some odd reason Silver Snail downtown has the black/grey BBQ figure in the case for $30 marked as "Vintage", when I think they meant variant.

Banonedo73 10-30-2009 04:13 PM

Rise of Cobra Variant Cards

Crappy movie but bigger question what does this have to do with heroes?

Answer nothing beside Claude and Edgar"Ray Park Snake Eyes" being in it.