ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Action Figure News (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Gi Joe Classified Serpentor Released in Canada (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=41168)

Robimus 11-10-2022 09:56 PM

Gi Joe Classified Serpentor Released in Canada

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks to multiple reports today we now know that the GI Joe Classified Serpentor has been released in Canada.

Pre Orders are coming into Gamestops across the country. Some are very likely to end up on shelves.

Share what figures are being sighted in your area in our Canadian Action Figure Sightings Forum

nighthawk 11-11-2022 01:35 PM

Re: Gi Joe Classified Serpentor Released in Canada

I was really hoping it wouldn't get released early. I did the phone pre-order before it showed up on the website. They only hold for 48 hours and I'm away all week next week when it probably will arrive. I did call the store and he put a note on my preorder to hold until the 22nd if it comes in. Luckily he was sympathetic because the release date moved up like 3 weeks and said that was enough justification to hold it longer for me.

Robimus 11-11-2022 01:38 PM

I kinda feel like everyone will need to get used to pre order dates not meaning much going forward.

athanato 11-11-2022 01:47 PM

$130, Hasbro's greed keeps climbing

Napseeker 11-11-2022 04:02 PM

Because they know people will pay it... I thought that Zartan deluxe set was overpriced but the collectors bought it up, so Hasbro is going to keep ramping up the price until something finally doesn't sell.

Canukle 11-11-2022 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Napseeker (Post 147929)
Because they know people will pay it... I thought that Zartan deluxe set was overpriced but the collectors bought it up, so Hasbro is going to keep ramping up the price until something finally doesn't sell.

Exactly how I felt about that Viper 3-pack. Way overpriced (unless you didn?t manage to get the Cobra Island Vipers).

While I want to wait for them to go on clearance or something, people just seem to keep buying them. Guess my Vipers will be without an Officer.

nighthawk 11-11-2022 06:59 PM

Yeah, each figure comes to $40 each as Inpaid $125 each for the 2 sets. If it drops below $100, I might be tempted to get another.

It's funny that Gamestop is getting Serpentor before Mindbender considering how long Mindbender has bee announced.

Canukle 11-11-2022 07:22 PM

Yeah, no kidding. GameStop had Mindbender’s release as July or something originally. As long as he comes eventually, I’m happy

wesperino 11-11-2022 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canukle (Post 147937)
Yeah, no kidding. GameStop had Mindbender?s release as July or something originally. As long as he comes eventually, I?m happy

Man I just opened Serpentor. What a beast! I know it?s expensive, but this was my absolute favourite toy when I was a kid. I was obsessed with the movie and this hits my nostalgia button like no other action figure since I got the OG version in the ?80?s.

AF of the year contender?

I heard the Mindbender release at GS is mid December now.

m.arndt 11-12-2022 12:44 AM

I picked up my Serpentor this evening but didn’t get the chance to open up the box yet. Went to soccer and dislocated a finger instead. Now I’m stuck waiting to have it set. So some time tomorrow I’ll get to check out the figure. Looking forward to it, as I never had the figure as a kid, but I remember watching Arise Serpentor Arise back in the 80’s and how those episodes were the talk of the playground for me and my friends all those years ago