ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Hasbro Toy Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Star Wars Black Series discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=17520)

MULTIPLEX 12-04-2015 01:58 AM

Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

Quote:

Originally Posted by SanMiguel (Post 77160)
No more $10 goodies at Walmart.ca?

Yes. I see a few lingering in store. What are you looking for?

turtle power eh 12-04-2015 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neospike (Post 77143)
You can find these at Winners for $15 each. I saw all of them at the Cloverdale Mall location just last week.

I've been checking, but sadly no luck.

I also missed Phasma online with Walmart, but was able to grab the rest of the wave plus an extra FO Stormtrooper this morning.

migstr 12-04-2015 10:44 AM

Anyone know any Canadian stores where I can preorder the Entertainment Earth exclusive?

MULTIPLEX 12-04-2015 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by migstr (Post 77173)
Anyone know any Canadian stores where I can preorder the Entertainment Earth exclusive?

Canucktibles

SanMiguel 12-05-2015 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX (Post 77164)
Yes. I see a few lingering in store. What are you looking for?

Was hoping to snag a Trooper Hans or anything worth picking the $10 mark....:clapping:

MULTIPLEX 12-06-2015 01:03 AM

I have an extra Emperor and Clone Captain if you need. Going to OCC if you want meet up.

fishtifer 12-06-2015 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX (Post 76635)
Don't forget the STARWARSLOYAL 10% coupon code is also still good till Christmas, in store and online.

How do you use this coupon code in store? Planning on getting that Thinktoys Remote Control R2-D2 soon....

turtle power eh 12-07-2015 09:45 AM

Found a Captain Phasma at toys toys toys! at the STC... $50 + tax. This store is the Kijiji retail store, I swear! Scalper prices at the mall.

I did not buy it and shared a laugh with the guy working there about the price. Apparently he had put them aside for himself until he scanned the price. The box was also sub par condition. The hunt continues.

They also have Jedi Luke, Chewy and Sandtrooper for $35...a bit pricey but less than the secondary market. I've heard this wave has been in Winners for $15 but I have yet to find any evidence and I've been to 3 or 4 stores now.

Robimus 12-07-2015 10:53 AM

I got Luke, Vader & Chewie at Winners myself a month back.

They might no longer be around though.

turtle power eh 12-07-2015 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robimus (Post 77217)
I got Luke, Vader & Chewie at Winners myself a month back.

They might no longer be around though.

Probably not.

I know there are some guys in my area with a store and a flea market booth that have pretty much every 6" black figure in stock...So I wouldnt doubt it if they did the rounds and snatched them all up for re-sale. If my memory serves me right, they were selling that wave from around $45-$60 per figure...which is CRAZY.

Not sure about everyone else, but I'm not shelling out that kind of cash for $25 retail action figures. I can't think of a single figure in my Black Series collection that I havn't come accross at retail or through a fair trade.

MULTIPLEX 12-07-2015 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turtle power eh (Post 77218)

Not sure about everyone else, but I'm not shelling out that kind of cash for $25 retail action figures. I can't think of a single figure in my Black Series collection that I havn't come accross at retail or through a fair trade.

Depends how much of a completist you are. Wave 4 (Anakin) and Wave 6 (Yoda) never saw mass retail in Canada, as far as I know. Same with the Wampa and Taun Taun deluxes. I had to get those goodies at local toy shows for not so cheap.

$50 for Phasma is stupid crazy indeed. But I'd she'll out $40 easy for her cause it's so damn hard to find and a damn nice looking Trooper. Did you check the "As Seen on TV Store" aka Showcase? They carrie Star Wars stuff. That's where I got mine.

Chovner 12-07-2015 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX (Post 77220)
Depends how much of a completist you are. Wave 4 (Anakin) and Wave 6 (Yoda) never saw mass retail in Canada, as far as I know. Same with the Wampa and Taun Taun deluxes. I had to get those goodies at local toy shows for not so cheap.

$50 for Phasma is stupid crazy indeed. But I'd she'll out $40 easy for her cause it's so damn hard to find and a damn nice looking Trooper. Did you check the "As Seen on TV Store" aka Showcase? They carrie Star Wars stuff. That's where I got mine.

As Seen On TV??? WHAT?!?! Never thought of checking there... TO THE MALL!

MULTIPLEX 12-07-2015 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishtifer (Post 77203)
How do you use this coupon code in store? Planning on getting that Thinktoys Remote Control R2-D2 soon....

On Force Friday they handed out discount cards. They need to scan a bar code in store. Some need a physical card so this might not work. YMMV.

Edit: sorry it's upside down. Not rotating on my cell for some reason.

http://s2.postimg.org/cefsbax3t/IMG_20151112_163319.jpg

turtle power eh 12-07-2015 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX (Post 77220)

I'd also pay $40 for a Phasma, considering the ammount of time and money I would save on the hunt...but $56.50 after taxes is too rich for my blood.

Totally aware of the Yoda and Anakin distrobution issues, but these guys are marking up like crazy...even on figures like Greedo who warmed pegs since release.

I checked the As seen on TV store at STC and nothing, but will check some others when I get the chance. I'm trying to avoid malls like the plague right now though.

MULTIPLEX 12-07-2015 12:24 PM

Believe me, I have wasted so much time and gas trying to get a Phasma and the others. It's either that or pay $40 at the next show anyways. I'd rather the thrill of the hunt. But I have my Phasma now and even have an extra thanks to my wife. I could let go of it if my arm was twisted lol. I would not let it go for less than $40 though. Cause it actually did cost $29.99 plus tax at As Seen on TV.

turtle power eh 12-07-2015 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX (Post 77226)
Believe me, I have wasted so much time and gas trying to get a Phasma and the others. It's either that or pay $40 at the next show anyways. I'd rather the thrill of the hunt. But I have my Phasma now and even have an extra thanks to my wife. I could let go of it if my arm was twisted lol. I would not let it go for less than $40 though. Cause it actually did cost $29.99 plus tax at As Seen on TV.

IF you decide to sell, let me know.

SanMiguel 12-07-2015 04:32 PM

Quote:

Probably not.

I know there are some guys in my area with a store and a flea market booth that have pretty much every 6" black figure in stock...So I wouldnt doubt it if they did the rounds and snatched them all up for re-sale. If my memory serves me right, they were selling that wave from around $45-$60 per figure...which is CRAZY.

Same here, Ive given up the search @ Winners about a month, been to like 4 Winners stores including Marshalls....Nada as in nothing in the Mississauga area AFAIK.....lucky to those who got them.

Robimus 12-08-2015 04:39 AM

Quote:

Probably not.

Winners is really tricky.

No doubt scalping in part clears them out, but I do know a lot of collectors who find stuff there as well. They just don't get a consistent supply of items, sometimes less than a case(like 1 case split between two stores)

I usually find stuff there maybe 4 times a year, and only stop when it is convenient for me. I never make a special trip just to hit a Winners.

SanMiguel 12-08-2015 08:14 AM

The best Star Wars deal so far I got was from Walmart.ca black friday. Thou i doubt it but heres hoping they do it again for Boxing day!!! BTW anyone know if it was an old stock of SW BS they offered on sale? Anyway dont mind if it was an old stock, for $10 what can simply go wrong.

turtle power eh 12-08-2015 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robimus (Post 77250)
Winners is really tricky.

No doubt scalping in part clears them out, but I do know a lot of collectors who find stuff there as well. They just don't get a consistent supply of items, sometimes less than a case(like 1 case split between two stores)

I usually find stuff there maybe 4 times a year, and only stop when it is convenient for me. I never make a special trip just to hit a Winners.

They are essentially a liquidation type store where suppliers send extra stock to at a "bargain". I have had luck with them before...randomly found a stormtrooper there when it seemed like the only stores getting them was Target.

mollyizzy 12-08-2015 09:53 AM

mollyizzy 12-08-2015 09:55 AM

Amazon.ca STAR WARS Black Series IN STOCK

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00WO0A1CG/r...I1YXNEZ4XBL51S

migstr 12-08-2015 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mollyizzy (Post 77259)
Amazon.ca STAR WARS Black Series IN STOCK

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00WO0A1CG/r...I1YXNEZ4XBL51S

Thanks! Was able to snag a Resistance Trooper. What other figures are coming out next wave? Hux and Asty?

canprime 12-08-2015 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turtle power eh (Post 77254)
They are essentially a liquidation type store where suppliers send extra stock to at a "bargain". I have had luck with them before...randomly found a stormtrooper there when it seemed like the only stores getting them was Target.

Yeah luck is the key. My best find at Winners was a 6" Slave Leia for $3!!!!! The box was not great, but for $3 it was still a steal.

turtle power eh 12-08-2015 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canprime (Post 77269)
Yeah luck is the key. My best find at Winners was a 6" Slave Leia for $3!!!!! The box was not great, but for $3 it was still a steal.

Absolutely. I think I paid $19.99 at the time when I found the stormtrooper there, not a huge discount but a few bucks cheaper than general...not to mention people where chasing that figure like crazy (collectors for the army build and scalpers for easy mark up sales).

Chovner 12-08-2015 11:32 AM

How much was the FO TIE Pilot on amazon?

MULTIPLEX 12-08-2015 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SanMiguel (Post 77251)
The best Star Wars deal so far I got was from Walmart.ca black friday. Thou i doubt it but heres hoping they do it again for Boxing day!!! BTW anyone know if it was an old stock of SW BS they offered on sale? Anyway dont mind if it was an old stock, for $10 what can simply go wrong.

They were only old black series stock. In the black box with blue and orange stripe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by migstr (Post 77268)
Thanks! Was able to snag a Resistance Trooper. What other figures are coming out next wave? Hux and Asty?

Only Resistance Trooper and FO Tie Fighter Pilot are new in wave 3. Everything else is a repack. No Phasma in wave 3.

Darn I missed out on the amazon orders but I'll keep checking. Btw they are also out in Walmarts too.

Napseeker 12-08-2015 12:44 PM

Here's a dumb question, but are those Amazon.ca links to 6" or SA 3.75" figures? Stupid, stupid Hasbro putting both scales in the same packaging and calling them both Black series, I can't honestly tell if these are 6 or 4 inchers. There's no price and nothing in the item's title...

wedge1021 12-08-2015 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SanMiguel (Post 77251)

I have a feeling that WM bought the older $10 figures in from Hasbro Canada at a big discount specifically as a Black Friday promotion. I have seen it happen before. Hasbro Canada will bring a wave into the country, usually one of the later waves of the year, but because retailers are still clogged with pegwarmers, none of them put in orders. Then the line gets refreshed to next years packaging style, and HasCan gets stuck with the old stock in their warehouse. So they offer it to retailers at a big discount in order to get rid of them. TRU did this a couple years back for Christmas/Boxing Week, with the last couple waves of the 2010 Blue style Clone Wars figures. They were selling them for about $6 each. Once in awhile my dealer will get these offers from HasCan as well, but of course by then all his regular customers have already gotten their cases from him at the full price months ago.

wedge1021 12-08-2015 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Napseeker (Post 77277)
Here's a dumb question, but are those Amazon.ca links to 6" or SA 3.75" figures? Stupid, stupid Hasbro putting both scales in the same packaging and calling them both Black series, I can't honestly tell if these are 6 or 4 inchers. There's no price and nothing in the item's title...

Looks like 6". I think the 6" boxes are taller/thinner looking, and the 4" and shorter/wider. But so far the Black Series 4" line is only a Walmart exclusive as far as I know. Not 100% on that as I haven't been into the TFA stuff.

Napseeker 12-08-2015 01:11 PM

Ah that's a good point... I forgot the SA 3.75" would only be available through Walmart. Thanks!

Napseeker 12-08-2015 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wedge1021 (Post 77278)
I have a feeling that WM bought the older $10 figures in from Hasbro Canada at a big discount specifically as a Black Friday promotion. I have seen it happen before. Hasbro Canada will bring a wave into the country, usually one of the later waves of the year, but because retailers are still clogged with pegwarmers, none of them put in orders. Then the line gets refreshed to next years packaging style, and HasCan gets stuck with the old stock in their warehouse. So they offer it to retailers at a big discount in order to get rid of them.

It's such a shame then they didn't get in the Bosssk wave too so we could get those at a discount. I said back when Hasbro were first showing off pics of the prototype 6" Greedo that they were CRAZY to put Greedo into the mix so soon, he was a pegwarmer during the VotC era and I had no doubt that he was going to pegwarm again... and sure enough, there's like 10 or 11 of him sitting at my TRU (whereas every other 6" figure has now sold off given the new $10 pricepoint). Greedo and the (unexpected, IMO) failure of Slave Leia, really tanked this line badly and caused us to miss out on future waves (well, unless you were lucky enough to snatch them up during Black Friday).

I got a bit nervous when I saw the 6" Zuvio in the line, but this time Hasbro seems to have kept his presence in the 6" line to a minimum. Whew.

turtle power eh 12-08-2015 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Napseeker (Post 77282)
It's such a shame then they didn't get in the Bosssk wave too so we could get those at a discount. I said back when Hasbro were first showing off pics of the prototype 6" Greedo that they were CRAZY to put Greedo into the mix so soon, he was a pegwarmer during the VotC era and I had no doubt that he was going to pegwarm again... and sure enough, there's like 10 or 11 of him sitting at my TRU (whereas every other 6" figure has now sold off given the new $10 pricepoint). Greedo and the (unexpected, IMO) failure of Slave Leia, really tanked this line badly and caused us to miss out on future waves (well, unless you were lucky enough to snatch them up during Black Friday).

I got a bit nervous when I saw the 6" Zuvio in the line, but this time Hasbro seems to have kept his presence in the 6" line to a minimum. Whew.

Greedo and Leia absolutely killed the 6" black series at big box retial for a long time in Canada, and given that was only the 2nd wave it absolutely screwed us over for future waves. No one was ordering new cases when they had so many of those 2 figures warming pegs. Seems like Target was the only store that was steadily getting in the 3rd wave and since then BS 6" hasnt really seen much distro until recently.

MULTIPLEX 12-08-2015 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Napseeker (Post 77277)

The product dimensions listed seem consistent with current 6" Black Series packaging.

darthcyanide 12-08-2015 05:09 PM

Damn I went down to check out the Star Wars Force Awakens Toronto Exhibit today, and I miss out on the Tie Pilot and Resistance Trooper on amazon. Ah well.

I did receive the last of my exclusives in the mail though. Got the Shock Trooper, the Poe/Riot Trooper pack, the Walgreens Vader, and the Imperial Forces 4 pack today.

I already had the Snowtrooper, the Stormtrooper 4 pack, and the Kylo Ren Starkiller.

Now all I need is that damn Phasma and I will be good to go.

Question for those who got the two wave 3 figures ordered from Amazon.ca - Were they 24.99? And are they shipping right away or not till a later date?

wedge1021 12-08-2015 05:19 PM

That TRU exclusive Han & Greedo deluxe set didn't help much either!

I would have liked to see Hasbro do the first 2 waves as:
1 - X-Wing Luke, R2-D2, Vader, Stormtrooper
2 - Boba Fett, Han Solo, Darth Maul, Yoda
Release them within a month of each other, and add a fill-in revision case another month later repacking:
Vader, Stormtrooper, Boba Fett, Yoda

This would have satisfied pretty much everyone, and kept what I think would have been the more in-demand of the 8 figures more abundant. It would have really helped to establish the line - they really had to convince some long-time 4" collectors to make the switch, and blowing them out of the water with all-time favourites would have done a better job at that than some of the figures they went with. Once collectors are board with the format, then is the time to introduce some of the lesser known and more niche characters.

Napseeker 12-08-2015 05:42 PM

Yeah it's AMAZING that they didn't understand Boba Fett's appeal and should've triple-packed him (at least they did that with Phasma this time, not that it made it any easier to actually get her).

Vader I could understand they probably wanted to take more time to get him right (and yet... lol, they still churned out a rather bad figure). Stormtrooper definitely should've been in wave1, that again also should've been 2x or 3x in the case to meet demand.

wedge1021 12-08-2015 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Napseeker (Post 77291)
Yeah it's AMAZING that they didn't understand Boba Fett's appeal and should've triple-packed him (at least they did that with Phasma this time, not that it made it any easier to actually get her).

Vader I could understand they probably wanted to take more time to get him right (and yet... lol, they still churned out a rather bad figure). Stormtrooper definitely should've been in wave1, that again also should've been 2x or 3x in the case to meet demand.

Is Phasma 3 per case? This JTA article notes otherwise: http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/co...icle&sid=16820
They list Phasma at 1-per in wave 2 and then again at 1-per in wave 5. But maybe the case assortments for Canada are different? I have no clue as I'm not collecting TFA stuff so haven't paid any attention. Never seen a 6" Phasma in the wild.

It helps that they went to 6 per case now, allowing more repacks to filter in as well as a few double-packed figures (though not many).

SanMiguel 12-08-2015 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX (Post 77274)
They were only old black series stock. In the black box with blue and orange stripe

Thanks I thought Hasbro suddenly re issued them for Walmart.

Quote:

Originally Posted by canprime (Post 77269)

Darn, I thought my $10 Slave Leia from Walmart was the bomb.:rofl:Thou its still a nice catch but kudos for the $3 find, no one can beat that deal!:bow:

canprime 12-08-2015 08:57 PM

Over on yakface.com a guy going by seamusgameus posted a pic from Facebook of him finding wave 3 of TFA figures (6 inch) at a local Walmart in the GTA. The pic only shows the Tie Pilot and Resistance Fighter.

Apparently he says he is about an hour outside Toronto, so who knows where exactly he is located.