ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Mattel Toy Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Mattel's Mega Construx min figures (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=28939)

m.arndt 08-24-2017 11:30 AM

Mattel's Mega Construx min figures

Anyone else here interested in any of these figures?

Being a huge MOTU fan, I can't wait to grab He-man and Skeletor. I don't really have much more interest than those two, but I'm sure I'll grab a Xenomorph if I spot one.

Anyone seen them pop up yet, or have any idea when they might show up North of the border??

Team Jetfire 08-24-2017 12:26 PM

Re: Mattel's Mega Construx min figures

They look pretty cool to me, but are they not Mega Bloks?

Hoffman 08-24-2017 12:50 PM

Mega Blocks has been rebranded into Mega Construx. I'm not sure if that's for everything, but a lot of the new 'pop culture' stuff is Mega Construx.

I went looking the other day, but no luck on the new 'Heroes' wave. TRU had everything but, Wal-Mart had essentially nothing but LEGO brand stuff.

Team Jetfire 08-24-2017 06:12 PM

That's what I figured as they look the same as any of the Mega Blok mini figures. I wonder if these will even hit given that the new Star Trek sets never saw brick and mortar.

Vorahk 08-24-2017 08:35 PM

I'm especially wanting these figs. Skeletor, he-man, marine, xenomorph, and Picard. I just hope I can find them retail wise in town before biting it and buying through eBay.

Hoffman 08-24-2017 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team Jetfire (Post 92218)
That's what I figured as they look the same as any of the Mega Blok mini figures. I wonder if these will even hit given that the new Star Trek sets never saw brick and mortar.

I saw some ST stuff at TRU, but I have no idea what's what. I don't really follow construction toys very closely.

Team Jetfire 08-25-2017 12:56 AM

I have some a smattering of COD stuff and the odd Star Trek thing from Kreo, but it just doesn't fit in my collection. That said, I would buy a crew set from all the Trek shows if they produced them as well as all the MOTU characters; think of the possibilities!

tekkamanraiden 08-25-2017 07:05 AM

I'm surprised it's taken them this long to produce these, hopefully they'll release at retail.

Customizer 08-31-2017 08:20 AM

Absolutely ! I've been a fan since the first SEAL TEAM Call of Duty sets. I've got custom figures , HALO sets , COD sets and a mix of a few other lines as well.

He-Man and Skeletor should be the crown jewels of my Mega Construx collection once i get a hold of them. I've been very vocal across the internet that the Rocksteady mould was just a few pieces short of what was required to make MOTU figures. When i first saw images of the MOTU characters i swear my eyes watered for a moment.

The fact that they haven't showed up in Canada yet :banghead:

m.arndt 10-06-2017 06:46 AM

Pics have been released of series two. Beastman and Teela look great!
....just makes it all the more frustrating that the first wave isn't available her yet.:argh:

lunchbox83 10-06-2017 12:57 PM

I don't even collect MegaBloks or Lego stuff, but I just couldn't resist the classic TMNT Krang set from this brand. Especially since I found it for $9.90 at TRU! The classic Turtle Van one also intrigued me, but it's gone at most places now.

m.arndt 10-24-2017 05:41 PM

Tired of not seeing these in stores I tried tweeting both Walmart Canada and TRU Canada to ask if either store would be getting this line.
Walmart was useless, giving me some waste of time non-answer....
TRU said they are expecting this line to arrive late December or January (hopefully TRU is still around by then)....

erik352 10-25-2017 10:02 AM

Nice!! I hope it makes it over here

m.arndt 10-12-2018 04:25 PM

If anyone else is interested in these mini figures, Amazon.ca finally has wave 2 and 3 up for preorder. I’m only interested in the MOTU figures, so I only ordered them (Teela, Beast Man, Faker, Man-At-Arms, Evil-Lyn). I did notice other figures from those waves like the Turtles for instance.

sixshot1981 10-13-2018 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m.arndt (Post 101792)
If anyone else is interested in these mini figures, Amazon.ca finally has wave 2 and 3 up for preorder. I’m only interested in the MOTU figures, so I only ordered them (Teela, Beast Man, Faker, Man-At-Arms, Evil-Lyn). I did notice other figures from those waves like the Turtles for instance.

Thanks preordered. Hopefully they come in.

FYI Scareglow and Anti-Eternia He-Man are also up on Amazon.ca

By Turtles did you mean Leonardo ? That's all I could find.

m.arndt 10-14-2018 07:53 AM

Thanks for the tip about Scare Glow and Anti-Eternia He-man. I just preordered them too.

...and yeah, I meant Leonardo. I thought I saw more, but since I was only focusing on MOTU, it was actually just a second listing for the same Leo figure. But there is a listing for Shredder now without a pic, just like how the Scare Glow & Anti-Eternia He-man listings are lacking pics.

Darth Cosmos 10-14-2018 11:35 AM

I pre-ordered the Fry and Bender figures off Amazon Canada.

Did these ever hit retail anywhere in Canada?

Team Jetfire 10-14-2018 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Cosmos (Post 101808)
I pre-ordered the Fry and Bender figures off Amazon Canada.

Did these ever hit retail anywhere in Canada?

Yeah, I saw a few sets on series 1-2 at superstore and TRU.

Darth Cosmos 10-14-2018 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team Jetfire (Post 101809)

Damn. Including Bender and Fry?

I never saw them at my TRU and I go almost 3 times a week.

Superstore I never check. When did you see them there? Maybe there's a chance some are left if it wasn't too long ago.

Team Jetfire 10-14-2018 03:08 PM

Tru was about 2 weeks ago, but not in great supply. Superstore was about a mo th ago? But they didn't last long.

pandaprime 10-14-2018 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team Jetfire (Post 101809)

Ditto

Rogue_Optimus 10-26-2018 12:12 AM

Anyone know of the case distribution of wave 2? saw at least 3 cases of them at my tru, lots of each figure but no Teela.

4lott 10-27-2018 07:21 PM

I know that there are only 2 Teelas per display case
And if you want a good laugh check these listings on Amazon.ca

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B079KP...K6Y9EEQB&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B079KK...K6Y9EEQB&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B07BKG...K6Y9EEQB&psc=1

Onslaught 10-27-2018 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4lott (Post 102058)
I know that there are only 2 Teelas per display case
And if you want a good laugh check these listings on Amazon.ca

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B079KP...K6Y9EEQB&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B079KK...K6Y9EEQB&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B07BKG...K6Y9EEQB&psc=1

It's strange, they were listed at their regular prices of $5.99. Not sure why the listings are like this now.

Customizer 11-25-2018 08:40 AM

I've got a Beastman / Teela combo for trade if anyone needs them. I'm looking for TMNT Bebop and foot soldiers from the classics line.

sixshot1981 11-28-2018 05:59 PM

Just got notices from Amazon.ca they've cancelled my Scareglow and Shredder :(

Rogue_Optimus 03-03-2019 10:00 PM

Saw bits of the new wave with evil Lyn and man at arms. Picked up the t-1000 and looks like tru upped the price to $6 ea

Mitchbb 03-04-2019 11:19 AM

Amazon is now shipping the Wind Raider!

https://www.amazon.ca/Mega-Construx-...gateway&sr=8-5

snakeyes76 03-04-2019 12:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
These things are awesome! Want to get the rest of the TMNT and MOTU... Even Grayskull when it comes out! :raisetheroof::clapping:

Ps... sorry for the floor reflection in the pic, lol

Rogue_Optimus 03-05-2019 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snakeyes76 (Post 104571)
These things are awesome! Want to get the rest of the TMNT and MOTU... Even Grayskull when it comes out! :raisetheroof::clapping:

Ps... sorry for the floor reflection in the pic, lol

I know, too bad I couldn't get the technodome when it was out

m.arndt 03-06-2019 07:46 AM

So has the latest wave only shown up at TRU, or have there been any sightings at any SuperStores as well?

Team Jetfire 03-06-2019 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m.arndt (Post 104632)
So has the latest wave only shown up at TRU, or have there been any sightings at any SuperStores as well?

I have only seen it at Superstore and that was about a month ago at this point.

snakeyes76 04-07-2019 05:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Scored a Teela while in Florida and just got Man-At-Arms, Evil-Lyn and Hellboy at TRU in Newmarket today :D:clapping:

riderman 04-07-2019 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snakeyes76 (Post 105408)
Scored a Teela while in Florida and just got Man-At-Arms, Evil-Lyn and Hellboy at TRU in Newmarket today :D:clapping:

Any left for me?

snakeyes76 04-08-2019 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riderman (Post 105409)
Any left for me?

Yes there a few left of each. I only bought 1 of each for myself :D

Evan 04-18-2019 11:12 PM

I didn't realize the "Hellboy wave" was new. I spotted Hellboy at a liquidation outlet just outside of Peterborough Ontario. There was only one Hellboy. I dug through the shelf for MOTU, but found none. The only other time I have spotted any MOTU was a lone Beast Man at a TRU a few months ago. The Halo ones seem to be everywhere though.

riderman 04-20-2019 07:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ajax SuperStore has the Mega Construx wave 4 for $5.98 each they have Kratos, Man-at-arms, Evil Lynn, Ezio, Terminator T-800 and Hell-Boy

riderman 04-20-2019 11:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
At Scarborough Town Center SuperStore and they have Series 2 no Teela lots of BeastMen, Bender, Fry and just 1 Captain Kirk and 2 Spock

riderman 04-20-2019 11:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My Bad they have series 4 at STC SuperStore. Found 2 boxes in the front of the store in the Easter cube cubby things

m.arndt 09-08-2019 08:58 AM

What’s the word on wave 5? I hardly see any talking about Stratos or Scareglow being found even in the States, and those two are crazy expensive on eBay. I hope this wave makes it up here. Stratos was my first MOTU figure ever so he holds a special place in my heart, even if he’s not my favourite MOTU character, so I’d very much like to get this mini figure eventually.