ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Action Figure Customs and Artwork (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   KylerGrn Customs/Youtube/Art (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=28983)

KylerGrn 10-05-2017 12:49 PM

Re: KylerGrn Customs/Youtube/Art

2 Attachment(s)
TMNT Set Build!

turtle power eh 10-05-2017 01:11 PM

Nice dioarama. Just putting the finishing touches on my first attempt.

Did you use foam insolation board?

KylerGrn 10-05-2017 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turtle power eh (Post 93343)
Nice dioarama. Just putting the finishing touches on my first attempt.

Did you use foam insolation board?

Sure did,
I grab the half inch pink panther stuff for sets like this generally. Secured the walls with dowels instead of glue so if it gets purchased it disassembles into 3 sheets.

I should have thought of the dowel thing years ago, could have prevented a lot of damaged sets when moving around :(

turtle power eh 10-05-2017 05:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by KylerGrn (Post 93344)
Sure did,
I grab the half inch pink panther stuff for sets like this generally. Secured the walls with dowels instead of glue so if it gets purchased it disassembles into 3 sheets.

I should have thought of the dowel thing years ago, could have prevented a lot of damaged sets when moving around :(

Cool. I used magnets on mine in place of the dowels.

Also using the half inch sheets. Here is what I have so far...a few mistakes but its my first attempt so ive learned a few things. Still have a few things to finish up.

KylerGrn 10-06-2017 10:30 AM

Thats looking good,
I wish i would have thought of the magnets hahaha

Any specific characters thats for?

turtle power eh 10-06-2017 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KylerGrn (Post 93384)
Thats looking good,
I wish i would have thought of the magnets hahaha

Any specific characters thats for?

Will be for street level Marvel guys probably (Daredevil, Spidey, Punisher etc)...might do a photo shoot with my old Neca TMNT figures in there. Gotta finish my window, door , attach the rollup door, add some gas and hydro meters/boxes with pipes, mount a functioning light above the door, add some graffiti and build a dumpster...still a work in progress LOL

Next project will be a few roof tops of varying heights with accessories (water tower, chimneys, ventilation ducts)...then hopefully a warehouse room or something.

I have really enjoyed the build thus far and probably owe my new found interest to some of the ACBA guys on youtube (mostly Boog)...because I have become so jealous of their displays and photos. It makes for a more interesting display rather than just having figures lined up on shelves and in cabinets. I'm glad to see that there are others out there trying to push for cooler set ups as well.

I'm also anxiously awaiting on some bootleg Tamashii effects to arrive. Its gotten to the point where I have so many figures that, to me, its just a waste to not actually do something with them.

Also, are you using a sealant after paint? Im very scared of using one and melting the foam haha.

KylerGrn 10-10-2017 02:01 PM

i do seal everything with mod podge spray sealers, no melting on my end so far!

KylerGrn 10-12-2017 10:57 AM

http://youtu.be/Y5wRerqZLYA?a via @YouTube

New video up!

SanMiguel 01-07-2018 06:47 PM

Great stuff....