ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Action Figure General Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse toyline (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=34624)

cloud 06-21-2020 02:28 PM

Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse toyline

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 (Post 115312)
So I just called Amazon about the Arkham Batman not shipping and their excuse was that it's currently backordered. Total bs, since I preordered it a month ago and that's around the time when the listing went up. Really tired of their empty promises. Can't depend on them for Marvel Legends, Power Rangers, Transformers and now these DC figures.

So far 90% ifmy Amazon.ca ordered.were fulfilled eventually.
Got my Power Rangers Trini.
I placed a preorder for the McFarlane DC toys.
Got both Wonder Women in first week of May as scheduled.
The Arkham Asylum figures were delayed.but still got them at the end of May.

I think Amazon takes more orders than they can fulfill. Amazon.com is amazing. Amazon.ca has a lot to catch up on. Less deals for one.

4lott 06-21-2020 08:58 PM

Thanks. Been so long without a new toy.

Primetyme 06-21-2020 10:55 PM

Spotted Arkham Joker at Walmart so Arkham Batman shouldn't be far behind.

chaingunsofdoom 06-21-2020 11:35 PM

There was an Arkham Batman at an EB here today.

chaingunsofdoom 07-03-2020 09:54 PM

I posted about some $9 DC figures at WM here in AB yesterday. The Animated ones were $9 as well as a tag for Armor Supes and Batman but the store was OOS on those 2.

If you want to check possible locations, here is the UPC to try to see which WMs may have stock:

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=78792615501

That's for Animated Batman. I don't have the numbers for the Armored Batman or Supes.

StarwarsTF 07-03-2020 10:11 PM

Maybe just me, but I can’t see this line lasting after this year.

Stryfe2026 07-03-2020 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarwarsTF (Post 116230)

I think they’re stuck on Batman stuff, which is fine but to replace DC Multiverse Mattel they need to step up their game.

Alexander Quinn 07-03-2020 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarwarsTF (Post 116230)

The only figure I bought so far was Wonder Woman, and I got to say the figure is down right beautiful. The paint apps are spot on, the texture and sheen on the figure differ from skin to armour to skirt, the articulation is decent... but dang is it huge. She hulks over everything in my collection so I had to send her to the shelf for statues and busts. The 7+ inch scale kills it for me. If it weren’t for the size I would have grabbed Nightwing, Batgirl, a Batman, Joker, and Superman by now. But I just can’t. I don’t want a bunch of figures that tower over other characters that they should be blending in with.

Oh well. If it tanks maybe Hasbro will eventually get the license. I know monopolies are bad, but they do a damn fine job with Marvel Legends, producing both a plethora of figures for the most popular characters (a new Iron Man figure every 6 weeks, sure why not), while still giving plenty of other characters time to shine, (hello White Rabbit, and good day to you, Stepford Cuckoos).

chaingunsofdoom 07-04-2020 11:56 AM

The 7-inch scale doesn't bother me as much as the inconsistentcy between the figures themselves.

I think for their first wave they shot at a dartboard and that's how the came up with their 4-5 different looks (TAS, 1000, Armored duo, etc). For example, Nightwing is much taller than Batman and Batgirl. If whatever doesn't sell, drop it and change course...?

They also tried a dull gimmick out of the gates making a tiny 3-piece Batmobile but charging $5 extra per piece for it. The Raptor while decent for the $30 price and provides and actual vehicle for a 7-inch figure, doesn't mesh with non-Batman fans who don't see it as a Batmobile.

The WW84 figures are both excellent even if in her normal costume her leg color looks a bit off. The Gold one is already on my list for best figure at the halfway point. But some of her faces in-store looked poorly done compared to others. AA Joker looks excellent but I haven't opened him until I can see AA Batman beside him. I would buy a BOP HQ but it is nowhere to be found so will they bother to release it?

Next wave Azrael looks great but the Batman/Joker are from another story I never got around to reading.

Hoffman 07-04-2020 08:28 PM

Todd essentially said that they were going with the dartboard approach to start.

The only issue I've seen with the line is that they convinced Wal-Mart to buy more than they could sell.

Beyond that, reaction seems to be fairly positive and most other stores only have a small number of figures left hanging around.