ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Action Figure News (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Star Wars Black Series Wave 1 & Class II Vehicles Wave 2 Released in Canada (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=14622)

Robimus 08-03-2013 01:46 AM

Re: Star Wars Black Series Wave 1 & Class II Vehicles Wave 2 Released in Canada

My wife bought me the 6 inch Maul & Sandtrooper today as a belated anniversary gift.

Very nice looking figures, but they would look nicer with a better price point :p

StarwarsTF 08-05-2013 07:56 PM

Anybody notice the no articulation on the 2 packs.....?

dinga 08-06-2013 12:15 AM

2 packs have vintage 5 point articulation. Not great.

Major Destruction 08-06-2013 01:27 AM

I saw there SW figures too. The ones with articulation like the original figures, like the first ones ever made. The molds are nice, the accessories are okay too, but the articulation, sad.
Atleast they sell the articulated versions on those small black cards. But why did they switch card back sizes? Why not stay standard? Are those smaller cards a cost cutting thing? If I were a completist SW guy, I think I would find this a little annoying.
On another note, those 6" figures sound pretty cool, can't wait to see them in person.

Robimus 08-06-2013 01:30 PM

Yes, the new $6.86 Saga Legends have the 5 points of articulation - the same as has been done with the some of the superhero toylines.

dinga 08-06-2013 07:59 PM

Keep missing the 6inch line. Too slow.

Morg 08-08-2013 02:00 PM

I grabbed 6 inch Luke, R2 and Sandy today and I feel blessed as they were the last ones on the peg.. very impressed with quality so far. Will keep an eye out for Maul, in the spirit of completion, even though I'm not a big prequel guy.

As for the shitty 5POA Saga Legends (what a joke, squandering the name of an otherwise great line on vintage articulation garbage), it occurred to me that I might not mind droid figs with poor articulation, but only if they turned up at Winners for like $3 lol

Wintermute 08-11-2013 11:50 PM

I currently have Darth Maul, Sandtrooper and Luke. I'm extremely impressed with all 3 figures. The sculpts, paint, articulation and amazing accessories go a long way to justifying the steeper price.

Mind you, Mattel is charging even more for their subscription lines, and they are severely lacking in the sculpt, paint and accessory department.

One minor issue with the Sandtrooper though. His right knee cap was assembled upside down, so he has a slight bum knee. Ahh well, I guess the cloning process ain't perfect, lol.

Robimus 08-12-2013 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wintermute (Post 56713)
One minor issue with the Sandtrooper though. His right knee cap was assembled upside down, so he has a slight bum knee. Ahh well, I guess the cloning process ain't perfect, lol.

Do you think it is just yours or a fault of the entire run? I ask because I don't really see a problem with the one I have.

But then I'm not completely sure what I'm looking for either?

Wintermute 08-12-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robimus (Post 56714)
Do you think it is just yours or a fault of the entire run? I ask because I don't really see a problem with the one I have.

But then I'm not completely sure what I'm looking for either?

After looking at other people's pics of their Sandtrooper, mine is the only one I've seen with the upside down knee cap, so I don't think there's an issue with the run as a whole.

Basically, what you'd be looking for is easy enough to see; the black knee joint that connects the thigh to the shin on the figure was put in upside down by the manufacturer and will thus stick out a liiiittle bit when he's being posed on his feet. Hope that clarifies it a wee bit!