ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Hasbro Toy Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31488)

MapleMegatron 08-19-2018 08:57 PM

Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

They revealed the first Hasbro Power Rangers action figures over the week-end. I didnt see it in this forum, so I am making this thread, hopefully you dont mind. Its the same as marvel legends and black series with highly articulated 6 inch figures from different parts of the franchise. Only White ranger tommy was reveald so far.

Here is the info:

Quote:

A new series of action figures known as The Lightning Collection has been revealed! This series will feature the most screen-accurate action figure recreations ever, standing roughly 6 inches tall and including all weapons & accessories. In addition, the Lightning Collection figures will include secondary heads matching their characters’ unmorphed face!

Only 1 piece of the Lightning Collection is on display at the moment- the Mighty Morphin White Ranger!

The Lightning Collection will be hitting stores in Spring 2019. Figures are priced at a very modest $19.99 USD.
http://news.tokunation.com/2018/08/1...e-series-54813

KylerGrn 08-20-2018 01:31 AM

Re: New Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

so pumped for these.
Makes me want to get rid of my legacy figs to make room for these.

turtle power eh 08-20-2018 07:58 AM

Looks pretty solid...does it have a double elbow though?

...regardless looks like a vast improvement over the overly buff legacy figures Bandai last released. Looks like I will also be replacing my Bandai MMPR team with these.

cli1ck 08-20-2018 09:13 AM

I really, really hope these have an ankle rocker. I mean they most likely will, and the one shown off is probably just a prototype but I haven't seen any evidence to show that there'll be one. The lack of ankle rocker would kill it for me

KylerGrn 08-20-2018 10:14 AM

The figure thats all over the net right now is the prototype, if you go on youtube there is a video of the woman painting it up.
I can't imagine Hasbro passing on the ankle joint when its pretty standard with their higher end figs.

I think we finally got some high quality PR figures!!!

MitchPower 08-20-2018 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turtle power eh (Post 100690)
Looks pretty solid...does it have a double elbow though?

Double elbows yes and it seems to have butterfly shoulder joints too and the face looks good as well, hard to tell with the quality of the picture. I will probably get the original team.

MapleMegatron 08-20-2018 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cli1ck (Post 100691)
I really, really hope these have an ankle rocker. I mean they most likely will, and the one shown off is probably just a prototype but I haven't seen any evidence to show that there'll be one. The lack of ankle rocker would kill it for me

With only a few months before these are released, I am pretty sure this is no longer at the prototype stage. I think what you see here is what you are getting.

KylerGrn 08-20-2018 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MapleMegatron (Post 100694)
With only a few months before these are released, I am pretty sure this is no longer at the prototype stage. I think what you see here is what you are getting.

It was stated that this WAS a prototype.
Again video is on the YouTube, and the figure they were displaying at Morphicon was the figure you're seeing being painted in the YouTube video.
They are not being released untill September 2019

KylerGrn 08-20-2018 11:44 AM

my bad, spring 2019
Not September - still a ways to go,

MapleMegatron 08-20-2018 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KylerGrn (Post 100698)
my bad, spring 2019
Not September - still a ways to go,

prototype for hasbro just means its not the final figure you will find in stoes in terms of deco. Look, you can think waht you want but if you are looking for more than what they showed, you risk being quite dissapointed.

Onslaught 08-20-2018 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MapleMegatron (Post 100701)
prototype for hasbro just means its not the final figure you will find in stoes in terms of deco. Look, you can think waht you want but if you are looking for more than what they showed, you risk being quite dissapointed.

If you saw the panel (it's up on YouTube) the Hasbro reps explicitly say that this is a one of a kind prototype that they practically rushed to have ready for the show. This one was 3D printed, hand painted details including the face (as opposed to their Photo Real printing) (and they even missed one side of the coin on Saba). They go so far as to say that the final piece will be smoother, better detailed, etc.

Above is all what they said, below are some of my thoughts. I wouldn't be too surprised if there were still some changes to be made on the figures. This will likely be the base figure for the line as a whole, so I'd imagine they want to make it as good as can be from the get go (they did talk it up quite highly so maybe they are happy). Some things like the weapon gripping hands having side to side movement as opposed to up and down, I can't see that being a permanent thing, and would assume there would be different styles of joints depending on the hand. Unfortunately I doubt we'll see ball joints in the wrist. For personal preferences I'd probably prefer a mid torso ball peg instead of an ab crunch, but I suppose that's fine. And also a double ball peg at the neck instead of the swivel peg it has.

Definitely excited for this line and can't wait to see what else there is to come.

MapleMegatron 08-20-2018 03:58 PM

Thanks Onslaught! And my bad guys, I had not watched everything, it was all assumptions from dealing with hasbro in the past. I still think we should remain humble in our hopes for this line. It will be better than what Bandai was putting out (at least in terms of the bigger legacy figures) but knowing Hasbro and their cost cutting practices, I would still not hope for so much better than what we have been shown so far.

Still, this will be the best we have ever gotten in the west, and thats pretty awesome.

Really looking forward to those megazords.

erik352 08-20-2018 04:10 PM

I wonder if people will still buy all the old legacy figures that bandai's gonna pump out before Hasbro takes over. Im excited for this line...but a little scared too. With how much hasbro has been releasing star wars and marvel figures, i hope they makes the releases manageable for fans.

StaticShin27 02-15-2019 03:17 AM

Starting out strong

https://i.imgur.com/cA1KtCG.jpg

HD image: https://www.southernhobby.com/images...06AS00.jpg?482

So various sources say the first wave (or two) will consist of the following:

MMPR Lord Zedd
MMPR White
MMPR Pink
SPD ShadowRanger
Dino Charge Red
Lost Galaxy Magna Defender
Beast Morphers Red
Beast Morphers Gold

*EDIT* I don't wanna double post - Amazon US

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Hasbro%20...iglink20726-20

Preorders for the first four figures revealed (Zedd, SPD Shadow, DC Red, MMPR White)

Hoffman 03-01-2019 11:24 AM

I post this in the Sightings thread, but just a note - Zedd is shortpacked in Wave 1 with White Ranger getting the extra spot.

riderman 03-01-2019 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoffman (Post 104492)
I post this in the Sightings thread, but just a note - Zedd is shortpacked in Wave 1 with White Ranger getting the extra spot.

Zedd will be a very sod after item because of the lack of supply. Hasbro may have a problem with it's Lightning Series due to distribution. I read Hasbro is trying to stay away from Female Rangers which will be a huge mistake for completionist who want a full team. I hope after they test the waters for Power Rangers they will make Female characters no matter good or bad. Time will tell and hope they will give us more Lord Zedd.

riderman 03-03-2019 02:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hasbro has released new Beast Morphers basic action figures at Toys R Us today.

chaingunsofdoom 05-23-2019 11:08 PM

I saw these at Mac TRU today. Don't collect them but wanted to post about it.

dbaso 07-29-2019 08:57 PM

Does anyone know when the SDCC exclusive Jason 2 pack is getting released thru Hasbro pulse? First I heard July 27th, then 28th...no sign of it.

Vorahk 07-29-2019 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbaso (Post 107934)
Does anyone know when the SDCC exclusive Jason 2 pack is getting released thru Hasbro pulse? First I heard July 27th, then 28th...no sign of it.

It should be available August 28th on Hasbro pulse. You can also get the two pack probably at fan expo in August aswell since the ebgames booth with be selling the Hasbro exclusives.

dbaso 07-29-2019 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vorahk (Post 107935)
It should be available August 28th on Hasbro pulse. You can also get the two pack probably at fan expo in August aswell since the ebgames booth with be selling the Hasbro exclusives.

Ohh I thought I read somewhere that it’ll be available right after the show - oh well. Thanks for the info!

Wheelwave 07-30-2019 12:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'd like to share this with everyone who is interested.

dbaso 07-30-2019 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheelwave (Post 107942)
I'd like to share this with everyone who is interested.

Nice set! Not sure how I feel about it being a Best Buy exclusive. I don’t think I’ve ever bought any figures from there

riderman 07-30-2019 01:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I wonder if MMPR Black Ranger is going to EB Games Exclusive

dbaso 07-30-2019 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riderman (Post 107945)

Fingers crossed! They usually get Walgreens exclusives

Wheelwave 07-30-2019 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riderman (Post 107945)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbaso (Post 107946)
Fingers crossed! They usually get Walgreens exclusives

MMPR Black Ranger is listed on EB Games computer under 745420.

Along with another unrevealed figure, Blue Psycho Exclusive 745422,

riderman 07-30-2019 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheelwave (Post 107952)
MMPR Black Ranger is listed on EB Games computer under 745420.

Along with another unrevealed figure, Blue Psycho Exclusive 745422,

Any word how much each will cost? Also when is the release date and do you need to put down any money for a pre-order if your a Platinum edge member? Sometimes they want $5 and sometimes you can pre-order over the phone no money down! Just called up my local EB Games and they can pre-order Psycho Blue Exclusive ONLY they said that the Armored Black is released in July 28th and can no longer be pre-ordered but no stores seem to have gotten them yet? Has anyone pre-ordered Black Ranger or picked it up in store?

dbaso 07-30-2019 02:33 PM

No sign of armoured black anywhere - that release date seems really soon too considering goldar hasn’t been released yet. I follow some American toy hunters on YouTube and they haven’t found armoured black either. Dunno!

riderman 07-30-2019 02:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dbaso (Post 107968)
No sign of armoured black anywhere - that release date seems really soon too considering goldar hasn’t been released yet. I follow some American toy hunters on YouTube and they haven’t found armoured black either. Dunno!

Thank you for the info. Sadly I can't understand why pre-orders for MMPR Armored Black Ranger has become so much trouble. At least the EB Games guy said he will track one down for me somehow, somewhere! Hopefully he finds one soon!

dbaso 07-30-2019 02:41 PM

Hope that works out for you! Also just went onto bestbuy .com and they’ve sold out of lost galaxy and psycho red, they don’t ship to Canada anyways so there’s that too lol sighhh

riderman 07-30-2019 03:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dbaso (Post 107971)
Hope that works out for you! Also just went onto bestbuy .com and they’ve sold out of lost galaxy and psycho red, they don’t ship to Canada anyways so there’s that too lol sighhh

What "SOLD OUT"! The two words I hate the most. What are your thoughts on Best Buy Canada?? Will they have it or will they not carry toys or action figures? I called Fairview Mall EB Games in North York, Ontario and they EB dude hooked me up with a MMPR Armored Black Ranger and also Hasbro White Ranger WEARABLE Mask! Also pre-ordered the Psycho Blue from him too. He also stated he has gotten many fan orders for the MMPR Green Ranger and Putty 2 pack and also the MMPR Armored Red and Zeo Gold 2 pack too. Sadly the MMPR White Ranger Mask is the only SDCC Exclusive EB Games has for Power Rangers.

Webs 07-30-2019 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riderman (Post 107972)
EB dude hooked me up with a MMPR Armored Black Ranger and also Hasbro White Ranger WEARABLE Mask!

How much did each of those cost? I saw a release chart stating the armored black ranger and psycho blue are both going to cost $32.99.

riderman 07-30-2019 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webs (Post 107974)
How much did each of those cost? I saw a release chart stating the armored black ranger and psycho blue are both going to cost $32.99.

Just Like Goldar. The Helmet will cost about $90 to $100 before tax. I got my Red Ranger Helmet for just $25 at Toys R Us on Clearance. I was just lucky to be at the right place at the right time. Not too lucky for the Green Ranger Helmet which I paid full price.

dbaso 08-02-2019 01:59 PM

White ranger helmet available for preorder online via EB Games - $99.99

riderman 08-02-2019 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbaso (Post 108105)
White ranger helmet available for preorder online via EB Games - $99.99

EB Dude told me to pre-order the White Ranger Helmet. He said it will look great beside my Red Ranger Helmet and Green Ranger Helmet he sold me. I first met the EB Dude when I bought that Green Ranger Helmet and I have been buying from them ever since. For some odd reason that EB Games staff call me the Power Ranger GUY! I got to resist but it's too tempting! EB Dude said pre-order now and if I change my mind I can get other stuff later down the road:)

Wheelwave 08-04-2019 10:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Blue Psycho

riderman 08-04-2019 04:56 PM

I was at the Markville mall Best Buy and one rep told me that some Best Buy USA Exclusives are sometimes not sold here in Canada. Well hope EB Games will take those Exclusives in soon. I really want that Lost Galaxy Red/ Psycho Red and also the MMPR Green Ranger/Putty.

Alexander Quinn 08-06-2019 11:18 PM

Are the Green Ranger/Putty set and the Red/Gold Ranger set being released up here anywhere specific? EbGames or TRU maybe?

erik352 08-07-2019 01:46 PM

I was at EB morningside and tried to preorder the black ranger with the sku i got here. They said its not in their system. weird

riderman 08-07-2019 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erik352 (Post 108226)
I was at EB morningside and tried to preorder the black ranger with the sku i got here. They said its not in their system. weird

Pre-ordered mine at Fairview Mall EB Games and they got me MMPR Black Ranger, Psycho Blue and a White Ranger Helmet.