ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Action Figure News (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Star Wars Black Series Wave 1 & Class II Vehicles Wave 2 Released in Canada (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=14622)

Hantei 07-26-2013 07:30 PM

Star Wars Black Series Wave 1 & Class II Vehicles Wave 2 Released in Canada

3 Attachment(s)
Thanks to sightings made by AFN member pandaprime and Zone55555, we now know that the first wave of the 3.75" Star Wars Black Series figures and the second wave of the Class II Attack Vehicles have been released in Canada. Black Series Wave 1 consists of Padme Amidala (Episode II), Clone Trooper Sergeant (Episode II), Anakin Skywalker (Episode II), Clone Pilot (Episode III), Biggs Darklighter (Episode IV), Luke Skywalker (Episode IV), Darth Vader (Episode V), and Biker Scout (Episode VI). Wave 2 of the Class II Attack Vehicles consists of Anakin's Jedi Starfighter, Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter, and Jango Fett's Slave I.

The sighting for the Black Series was made at a Toys "R" Us in British Columbia. Class II Attack Vehicles were found at a Toys "R" Us in Ontario. Thanks for the photo of the new vehicles Zone55555!

To see what's been found in your area head on over to our Canadian Action Figure Sightings Forum.

UPDATE:
It seems that the first wave of the 6" Black Series has also been released too! Wave 1 consists of Darth Maul, Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Suit), R2-D2, and a Sandtrooper. The sighting was made at a Toys "R" Us in Ontario, where they're retailing for $24.99 each. Thanks for the heads up Tonestar!

Tonestar 07-26-2013 08:32 PM

Re: Star Wars Black Series 3.75" Wave 1 & Class II Vehicles Wave 2 Released in Canada

Star Wars Black Series 6 inch figures are out too. The TRU in Whitby had 2 each of Wave#1 in stock tonight.
I was able to pick up my all-time favourite Darth Maul and he is awesome. They go for $24.99 each which is ok by TRU standards. Eagerly aniticipating Wave #2 because it has Boba and Slave Leia.

Robimus 07-27-2013 01:30 AM

Re: Star Wars Black Series 3.75" Wave 1 & Class II Vehicles Wave 2 Released in Canada

Did we beat the USA on the black?

Masasune 07-27-2013 03:03 PM

Just wanted to say that I stopped in Brockville today to fuel up and decided to check the nearby Wal Mart (on Parkedale). They had both the Black Series and Saga Legends lines in full!

Black Series were $10.87 while Saga Legends were $6.87. They even had the Vintage line on sale (with some good figures) for $7.83.

Happy hunting,
Masasune

freakx2001 07-31-2013 09:04 AM

Re: Star Wars Black Series Wave 1 & Class II Vehicles Wave 2 Released in Canada

Seen the 6" line in Orleans (Ottawa) yesterday. They are cool, but $23 is too much to pay for one of these figures.

pandaprime 07-31-2013 02:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Masasune (Post 56306)
Just wanted to say that I stopped in Brockville today to fuel up and decided to check the nearby Wal Mart (on Parkedale). They had both the Black Series and Saga Legends lines in full!

Black Series were $10.87 while Saga Legends were $6.87. They even had the Vintage line on sale (with some good figures) for $7.83.

Happy hunting,
Masasune

here's a couple of pics from TRU

please see attached

Robimus 07-31-2013 03:18 PM

I thought we might see some of these on the drvie home(or the drive to for that matter) from TFcon, but no luck.

I will keep watching.

tfHunter 07-31-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robimus (Post 56418)
I thought we might see some of these on the drvie home(or the drive to for that matter) from TFcon, but no luck.

I will keep watching.

I feel your pain too, dude. Nothing here in Edmonton, AB yet. Been checking everyday for the last 5 days too (I'm a short 5 minute walk from TRU and Wal-mart thankfully).

jacobot 08-01-2013 10:27 AM

6" Black Series are $22.92 @ my local Walmart
3 3/4 Black $10.87
2 pack Mission series $10.87
Singles Saga $6.87

Mississauga Heartland Walmart :)

madnug 08-01-2013 11:43 PM

Which WalMart has them? I went to the Richmond Hill one 2 days ago and they got nothing...

Robimus 08-03-2013 01:46 AM

My wife bought me the 6 inch Maul & Sandtrooper today as a belated anniversary gift.

Very nice looking figures, but they would look nicer with a better price point :p

StarwarsTF 08-05-2013 07:56 PM

Anybody notice the no articulation on the 2 packs.....?

dinga 08-06-2013 12:15 AM

2 packs have vintage 5 point articulation. Not great.

Major Destruction 08-06-2013 01:27 AM

I saw there SW figures too. The ones with articulation like the original figures, like the first ones ever made. The molds are nice, the accessories are okay too, but the articulation, sad.
Atleast they sell the articulated versions on those small black cards. But why did they switch card back sizes? Why not stay standard? Are those smaller cards a cost cutting thing? If I were a completist SW guy, I think I would find this a little annoying.
On another note, those 6" figures sound pretty cool, can't wait to see them in person.

Robimus 08-06-2013 01:30 PM

Yes, the new $6.86 Saga Legends have the 5 points of articulation - the same as has been done with the some of the superhero toylines.

dinga 08-06-2013 07:59 PM

Keep missing the 6inch line. Too slow.

Morg 08-08-2013 02:00 PM

I grabbed 6 inch Luke, R2 and Sandy today and I feel blessed as they were the last ones on the peg.. very impressed with quality so far. Will keep an eye out for Maul, in the spirit of completion, even though I'm not a big prequel guy.

As for the shitty 5POA Saga Legends (what a joke, squandering the name of an otherwise great line on vintage articulation garbage), it occurred to me that I might not mind droid figs with poor articulation, but only if they turned up at Winners for like $3 lol

Wintermute 08-11-2013 11:50 PM

I currently have Darth Maul, Sandtrooper and Luke. I'm extremely impressed with all 3 figures. The sculpts, paint, articulation and amazing accessories go a long way to justifying the steeper price.

Mind you, Mattel is charging even more for their subscription lines, and they are severely lacking in the sculpt, paint and accessory department.

One minor issue with the Sandtrooper though. His right knee cap was assembled upside down, so he has a slight bum knee. Ahh well, I guess the cloning process ain't perfect, lol.

Robimus 08-12-2013 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wintermute (Post 56713)
One minor issue with the Sandtrooper though. His right knee cap was assembled upside down, so he has a slight bum knee. Ahh well, I guess the cloning process ain't perfect, lol.

Do you think it is just yours or a fault of the entire run? I ask because I don't really see a problem with the one I have.

But then I'm not completely sure what I'm looking for either?

Wintermute 08-12-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robimus (Post 56714)
Do you think it is just yours or a fault of the entire run? I ask because I don't really see a problem with the one I have.

But then I'm not completely sure what I'm looking for either?

After looking at other people's pics of their Sandtrooper, mine is the only one I've seen with the upside down knee cap, so I don't think there's an issue with the run as a whole.

Basically, what you'd be looking for is easy enough to see; the black knee joint that connects the thigh to the shin on the figure was put in upside down by the manufacturer and will thus stick out a liiiittle bit when he's being posed on his feet. Hope that clarifies it a wee bit!

tfHunter 08-12-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wintermute (Post 56738)
After looking at other people's pics of their Sandtrooper, mine is the only one I've seen with the upside down knee cap, so I don't think there's an issue with the run as a whole.

Basically, what you'd be looking for is easy enough to see; the black knee joint that connects the thigh to the shin on the figure was put in upside down by the manufacturer and will thus stick out a liiiittle bit when he's being posed on his feet. Hope that clarifies it a wee bit!

Are you able to pop it out and fix it? You can try emailing Hasbro about it. I have done it in the past with star wars figures and they've sent me replacements! You might have to provide picture proof, but I didn't have to. They do have pretty decent CS.

Wintermute 08-12-2013 11:55 PM

I think that popping it out may do more harm than good. The issue is only a minor aesthetic one and doesn't really affect the figure as a whole. Well, I suppose it does also slightly inhibit the poseability of the right leg as the knee can't bend as much as the other.

I may look into contacting them though! Did you have to send the old figure back to get the new one sent to you?

Wintermute 08-12-2013 11:56 PM

You probably implicitly answered that question already when you said they didn't need you to provide picture proof; if they didn't need photo evidence, I'm guessing they wouldn't need the actual figure either.

tfHunter 08-13-2013 02:35 AM

Nope never had to send the figures back. I had a Plo Koon whose arm kept falling off and the other figure was a WW2 Captain America that didn't come with a shield. With both figures the store I bought them from was out of stock and I told that to Hasbro, otherwise I would have just gone for an exchange.

jacobot 08-15-2013 08:39 AM

Grabbed a minty case from Walmart :)
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7285/9...c6104a67_n.jpghttp://farm8.staticflickr.com/7335/9...a1017505_n.jpg
No wonder they are expensive they ship: Air Freight ;)

Whitter 08-20-2013 01:23 PM

Has anyone come across the 3.75 black series where the packaging is falling apart? I saw some at walmart this morning and the bubble was basically falling off the cardback, I wonder if they will recall them and fix the problem or just let it go and fix it with later waves

Wintermute 08-28-2013 11:51 PM

tfHunter:

After summoning some courage, I took my Sandtrooper down to my tea kettle and using steam, got the knee joint off, placed it back correctly, and after some fiddling and poking, got it back on securely. My Sandtrooper no longer has a gimp knee! The power of heat!

Yo! Science, b*tch!

Tonestar 08-31-2013 02:45 PM

All of 4 figures from Wave#1, the 6 inch Black Series are currently available on TRU.CA for anyone whom has yet to get any and wants them or if anyone wants to troop build.

tfHunter 08-31-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wintermute (Post 57193)
tfHunter:

After summoning some courage, I took my Sandtrooper down to my tea kettle and using steam, got the knee joint off, placed it back correctly, and after some fiddling and poking, got it back on securely. My Sandtrooper no longer has a gimp knee! The power of heat!

Yo! Science, b*tch!

Nice! Nothing worse than having a messed up figure. The Hasbro plastic seems sturdier and more consistent I find than other companies (yeah, that means you Mattel).

pandaprime 08-31-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonestar (Post 57245)
All of 4 figures from Wave#1, the 6 inch Black Series are currently available on TRU.CA for anyone whom has yet to get any and wants them or if anyone wants to troop build.

Out of stock already :crying:

Scrapper6 09-01-2013 09:23 AM

Whitter, it may be related to humidity in the stores. It's been pretty hot around here for some time now and if they aren't keeping the entire store cool enough sometimes it could be that those things happen.

Either that or Hasbro really lost touch on how to package their toys securely with glue and stuff. I bought a Biggs at Wal-Mart on Friday and I didn't even notice it was peeling off until after checkout. I also noticed someone had taped a Biker Scout back onto the card, as if it were a return, though I can't be sure of that. The toy was not secure in the bubble tray and it looked like someone had tried to make off with it or something.

My question is this, has anybody even seen these things at Retail? All I've come across is a lone R2 at TRU, I want to grab Maul and a Sandtrooper, but not online. I was hoping these things would fill shelves quite nicely and yet most local retailers seem to be having a really hard time stocking them. It can't all be from fan purchases, are there scalpers going mad over these things or what?

Robimus 09-02-2013 06:26 PM

I've seen the 6 inch line at multiple different Walmarts and TRU in Winnipeg. Just keep your eyes open and you will run into them.