ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Action Figure News (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Fan Expo Canada 2012 (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=11427)

Robimus 08-05-2012 04:35 PM

Fan Expo Canada 2012

1 Attachment(s)
Fan Expo Canada returns to Toronto August 23rd-26th with a huge lineup of guests, artists, attractions, vendors, cosplay and more!

Guests for this year include Stan Lee, Gillian Anderson, Gavin Blair & The Reboot Retrospective, Kevin J. Anderson, James Marsters and many, many more.

The convention starts on Thursday August 23rd at 4pm and runs through the weekend.

For ticket information, times and all the details click to visit the Fan Expo Website

tekkamanraiden 08-05-2012 09:51 PM

Re: Fan Expo Canada 2012

My wife is excited to meet Gillian Anderson and Kate Mulgrew. I'm looking forward to the Jay and Silent Bob get old show.

Prowl_2009 08-07-2012 02:13 PM

Already bought my ticket for Saturday! :cool:

Robimus 08-07-2012 05:51 PM

Be sure to give us a report.

Nicholosity 08-07-2012 09:13 PM

I'll post some pics on my blog as well as the free stuff haul and the stuff I bought haul

MisBio12 08-07-2012 09:51 PM

Should order my tickets in advance? Think they might sell put on site?

w0nd 08-07-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisBio12 (Post 47081)

this is going to sound ridiculous since I am in Vancouver but we had ours already, I bought mine online to be safe, for those who didn't there was a 3-4 hour line up just to purchase the tickets. I was scared because I thought that was the line to get in, So i asked someone and they said nope you can walk right in, if you were scared because of that huge line up that's just the people who didn't pay in advance.

Not only that but once inside there was a line to take your tickets. I don't see the downside of buying them in advance. I assume the one you guys are having will be way more popular

SuperPowerCollectbls 08-07-2012 10:53 PM

We'll be there guys! Booth #514

Stop by and say hi!

tekkamanraiden 08-07-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisBio12 (Post 47081)

When you buy tickets online you have to exchange the print out for a pass/wristband. These lines are very long on the first day (which is why my wife and I arrive Thursday night and attend Friday morning).

You can buy tickets onsite and on the first day, the line is usually a little shorter than the advanced pickup line but you'll have to wait in line with the advance ticket holders after anyways (so be prepared to wait in line).

Advanced tickets get you in early on Thursday, but you'll end up waiting in line so I'd recommend arriving at at least two hours before the early admittance of 2pm. If you pick up your tickets Friday morning you'll be in line probably 5 minutes at most.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperPowerCollectbls (Post 47088)
We'll be there guys! Booth #514

Stop by and say hi!

Awesome I will!

MisBio12 08-08-2012 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tekkamanraiden (Post 47091)
When you buy tickets online you have to exchange the print out for a pass/wristband. These lines are very long on the first day (which is why my wife and I arrive Thursday night and attend Friday morning).

You can buy tickets onsite and on the first day, the line is usually a little shorter than the advanced pickup line but you'll have to wait in line with the advance ticket holders after anyways (so be prepared to wait in line).

Advanced tickets get you in early on Thursday, but you'll end up waiting in line so I'd recommend arriving at at least two hours before the early admittance of 2pm. If you pick up your tickets Friday morning you'll be in line probably 5 minutes at most.

Awesome I will!

Ok so aside from knowing to come early is there anything else I should do? Its my first big con and I have never been to fan expo.