ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Action Figure News (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Calgary Expo June 17th-19th (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=7594)

Robimus 06-18-2011 06:24 AM

Calgary Expo June 17th-19th

1 Attachment(s)
If you're in the Calgary area this weekend be sure to check out the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo at the BMO Center, 20 Round Up Way.

Guests include William Shatner, Summer Glau, Mike Mignola and tons more. Weekend passes are $35 at the door and the Expo is open Saturday 10:30am-7:00pm and Sunday 10:30am-5:00pm.

Check out the Calgary Expo Website here for all the details!

Hantei 06-19-2011 04:44 AM

Re: Calgary Expo June 17th-19th

I was there on the Friday preview night, unfortunately the only day I could go. Probably for the best, as I imagine that Sat and Sun were/will be packed. Much better space this year, if anyone was at the Global Petroleum Expo last week they used the same space as the indoor exhibit. Last year was way too crowded. Unfortunately most of the celebs and better panels weren't until Sat and Sun. Haha, I was hoping to see Elvira there. I did see Tia Carrere and Jonathan Frakes there though.

Got a chance to meet Stuart and Kathryn Immonen, Udon's project manager Jim Zubkavicha, as well as ReBoot creator Gavin Blair. Maybe it was the day, but surprisingly the Immonen's weren't all that busy considering Mr. Immonen is the artist for Marvel's current big event Fear Itself.

Some really great stuff there, though not too much that had me willing to drop money on.

Super_Megatron 06-21-2011 02:09 PM

Usually the Fridays of cons are the quietest and sometimes the best time to go, glad to hear you had a good time.

Robimus 06-22-2011 12:46 AM

I heard a lot of good things about this show. Some of the local Mandalorian Mercs made the trip and had a great time.

DanM 06-22-2011 01:51 AM

Better put together show than last year, but still ended up in line ups for six hours. All that time sitting in one spot gives time to realize how much money is flying around at these events.

Hilights for me were the Zombies vs. Superheroes roller derby, the Jonathan Frakes panel, a good chat with Michael Hogan (BSGs Col. Tigh), and the girl in the Catwoman costume at the one comic vendor booth. Rrowr!