ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Action Figure News (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dungeons & Dragons Warduke Released in Canada (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=41647)

Robimus 04-14-2023 04:23 AM

Dungeons & Dragons Warduke Released in Canada

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks to a report from Manitoba we now know that the Dungeons & Dragons Warduke has been released in Canada. The sighting was made at a GameStop.

We are unsure if Grimsword has found its way into stores yet or not.

Share what figures are being sighted in your area in our Canadian Action Figure Sightings Forum.

Robimus 04-16-2023 03:35 AM

Re: Dungeons & Dragons Warduke Released in Canada

Robimus 04-16-2023 03:22 PM

Robimus 04-16-2023 03:27 PM

Onslaught 04-16-2023 03:39 PM

I find it so odd that retailers are asking for $60 plus for NECA figures yet hobby stores are underselling them (Warduke for example was around $42-48 when it was first put up for preorder around a year and a half ago, and the upcoming wave is likewise around $48). Are they just more willing to not make as much profit?

Wintermute 04-16-2023 04:51 PM

I saw Grimsword at GameStop Limeridge Mall this afternoon, along with Warduke.

Wintermute 04-16-2023 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onslaught (Post 151930)
I find it so odd that retailers are asking for $60 plus for NECA figures yet hobby stores are underselling them (Warduke for example was around $42-48 when it was first put up for preorder around a year and a half ago, and the upcoming wave is likewise around $48). Are they just more willing to not make as much profit?

Yeah the pricing for NECA figs now has me really puzzled. First TRU had the insane NECA prices (in line with Sunrise Records mind you), but Amazon and now GameStop seem to be following along. What's wild is that pre-pandemic GS sold NECA figs for under $40. Now they're $60 without Edge discount.

It's especially nuts when the hobby stores like Big B Comics or Silver Snail are selling these same figures for quite a bit less. For example, last month I picked up The Last Ronin figure at Heroes Comics in London for $41.99! GS is selling the same fig for $60.

Robimus 04-16-2023 07:58 PM

A year and a half :p Nothing I hear about pre orders makes me want to do them at all.

Price wise, I dunno. But not that long ago(couple years maybe) Walmart prices on Marvel Legends, Black series, GI Joe were $29.99 - now $35.99.

Maybe thats an early bird pre order discount or something. But $48 to $54 doesn't seem like an over the top increase taking a year and a half into account.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onslaught (Post 151930)