ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Action Figure General Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Toy Aisle Trolls (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=27897)

iammingy 05-10-2017 11:15 PM

Toy Aisle Trolls

1 Attachment(s)
This photo below was taken this morning at the Walmart at Grandview Hwy in Vancouver. Luckily, a Hasbro rep was on-site and I had the opportunity to show her this f'd up scene...

Collecting action figures from retail stores in Greater Vancouver is already quite difficult because the supply never really meet the demands. Seeing thefts like this is making the hobby really frustrating. :crying:

I have never seen so many swapped figures at the same time in my life:
1. Civil War Captain America as Marvel's Shocker
2. Hulkbuster wave Dr Strange as Dormammu wave Dr Strange
3. Morbius as Spider-Gwen/Ben Reily Spider-man
4. Hawkeye as Spider-man 2099/UK (not shown)

Whoever you are, SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

caffodian 05-11-2017 01:10 AM

Re: Toy Aisle Trolls

Sadly stuff like this is why I've pretty much gone online only for Marvel Legends, which probably doesn't help get new cases rotated in :/

TightyMhor 05-11-2017 01:14 AM

Stuff like this is getting really ridiculous. Saw a cable swapped out with a WINTER SOLDIER body and TOYBIZ cable head with a dormammu baf piece... it was truly a sight to behold, not in a good way.

chaingunsofdoom 05-11-2017 02:40 AM

The robbery is so bad at one WM here that the CS area has a small binder of previous wave ML6 figures... one per page showing Nuke, Cap, etc... which they look at even if you return something like a TF. Nice try WM but those pics are waves behind. :(

66jedikiller66 05-11-2017 09:09 AM

I've never done stuff like this before, I've always had the cash to buy what I want.
I make exceptions here and there but, i usually have the cash.
However, when figures are $34 with tax I can understand why it is happening.
And, I'll bet you this is just the tip of the iceberg, with the US Dollar constantly going up I can guarantee you the prices of toys are going to make another jump up.

Napseeker 05-11-2017 12:26 PM

Yeah high prices definitely seem to boost the number of swappers out there. I've seen it happen with the SW 6" line at my local Walmart. If I see a swapped figure I will report it to customer service, it's the only way to squash this kind of behavior (hopefully the person who did the return is then banned from doing any returns at all).

iammingy 05-12-2017 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caffodian (Post 89489)
Sadly stuff like this is why I've pretty much gone online only for Marvel Legends, which probably doesn't help get new cases rotated in :/

I don't buy online because I look for those with a passable paint job and not two left legs/arms... Shipping is also another factor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom (Post 89493)
The robbery is so bad at one WM here that the CS area has a small binder of previous wave ML6 figures... one per page showing Nuke, Cap, etc... which they look at even if you return something like a TF. Nice try WM but those pics are waves behind. :(

The CS staff would just need to look at the back of the packaging and they will realize that the figures have completely different colors! A blue Captain America vs. a yellow Shocker! :doh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66jedikiller66 (Post 89502)
I've never done stuff like this before, I've always had the cash to buy what I want.
I make exceptions here and there but, i usually have the cash.
However, when figures are $34 with tax I can understand why it is happening.
And, I'll bet you this is just the tip of the iceberg, with the US Dollar constantly going up I can guarantee you the prices of toys are going to make another jump up.

I totally agree with you on this. It's funny that when our dollars were strong (compared to the US dollars), the toys never got cheaper. Oh, the irony!

66jedikiller66 05-12-2017 10:24 AM

I think, the reason that stuff like this goes up so much in Canada is because the Chinese manufacturers want their payment in US Dollars.

iammingy 05-14-2017 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66jedikiller66 (Post 89525)
I think, the reason that stuff like this goes up so much in Canada is because the Chinese manufacturers want their payment in US Dollars.

Interesting theory, but I don't think the Canadian retailers get stock directly from the Chinese factories. I think the toys are usually shipped to the US warehouses and are then distributed to Canada with/for bilingual packaging according to the orders made by the Canadian retailers.

Robimus 05-15-2017 10:34 PM

Not sure how it enters into the equation completely but Canada has a much higher tariff on Asian imports than the USA does as well.