ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Action Figure News (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Toys "R" Us Exclusive Jurassic Park Toyline Released in Canada (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=13029)

Hantei 03-15-2013 04:13 PM

Toys "R" Us Exclusive Jurassic Park Toyline Released in Canada

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks to a sighting made by AFN member Toy Gremlin, we now know that the Toys "R" Us exclusive Jurassic Park 3.75" toyline from Hasbro has been released in Canada. The Dino Battlers and Dino Growlers sets were found at a Toys "R" Us in British Columbia.

To see what's been found in your area head on over to our Canadian Action Figure Sightings Forum.

Laird 03-15-2013 05:05 PM

Re: Toys "R" Us Exclusive Jurassic Park Toyline Released in Canada

Excellent, any word if the large Dino's with the Joes were spotted too?

Toy Gremlin 03-15-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laird (Post 52877)

No. Those were the only 2 things they have. I think those dino showdown sets should be showing up soon.

Toy Gremlin 03-15-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laird (Post 52877)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Gremlin (Post 52878)
No. Those were the only 2 things they have. I think those dino showdown sets should be showing up soon.

I was just at TRU and saw the Dino Showdowns & Dino Trackers on the shelf. :clapping:

The Dino Trackers are the ones from 2009 just renamed. :(
I.e. Dino Glide Billy Brennan Vs. Pteranodon is now called Pteranodon vs Sky Patrol.
The only thing that I think is slightly different is the packaging.

I bought 1 of the Dino Showdown sets, the Pachyrhinosaurus clash set. For 26.99 each, the Allosaurus set is kind of small for that price.

Strange thing is that the 3rd set of the Growlers and Showdown sets have a big yellow sticker over them on the box. Don't know if that means the 3rd sets aren't coming to Canada.

Also spoke to sales associate & apparently the case only contains 1 of each showdown set. It may be difficult to get if they aren't going to bring in a lot of these.

Toy Gremlin 03-15-2013 08:18 PM

Just noticed the Silver Cobra Logo on the badge under the vest of the Jurassic Joe from the Patchyrhinosaurus set! Lol!

joshimus 03-16-2013 02:21 PM

I really REALLY wish they would re-release the Thrasher T-Rex. Never did get that one. :(
Any chance Tru Hamilton got those yet? The sets I mean. Guess I can just check tonight

Laird 03-16-2013 02:34 PM

Where are you Toy Gremlin? Are you spotting these in the Toronto area?

Toy Gremlin 03-16-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshimus (Post 52902)
I really REALLY wish they would re-release the Thrasher T-Rex. Never did get that one. :(
Any chance Tru Hamilton got those yet? The sets I mean. Guess I can just check tonight

That would be cool if they did! I'm kind of hoping Hasbro would give us an updated version of the Thrasher T-Rex or a new T-Rex with more articulation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laird (Post 52905)
Where are you Toy Gremlin? Are you spotting these in the Toronto area?

I am from the West Coast. I spotted these at one of my local TRUs in BC.

joshimus 03-16-2013 03:39 PM

I kinda would love both the Thrasher and an updated more articulated Rex. That would be hella sweet but I don't expect more than the lousy JP3 figs. Would make one hell of a surprise if something special came out, especially since this is JP1 3D. The JP1 Rex is silly but nice but I love my JP2 Bull Rex. when I was younger, it was fun having the Rex eat the Joes/Cobra and such. Just had no posability.

Toy Gremlin 03-16-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshimus (Post 52908)
I kinda would love both the Thrasher and an updated more articulated Rex. That would be hella sweet but I don't expect more than the lousy JP3 figs. Would make one hell of a surprise if something special came out, especially since this is JP1 3D. The JP1 Rex is silly but nice but I love my JP2 Bull Rex. when I was younger, it was fun having the Rex eat the Joes/Cobra and such. Just had no posability.

Yeah, that would be awesome!

All of the JP sets that have shown up at my local TRU, with the exception of the Dino Showdown sets, look like repaints. It was an easy pass on the rest of the stuff. I was so hoping the Dino Trackers would come with a franken Joe and a smaller dinosaur, but that wasn't the case. :( So I will only be concentrating on the Dino Showdown sets as the dinosaurs are new and have updated articulation plus it comes with a Jurassic Joe figure. :D