ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Action Figure News (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Ghostbusters 6 Inch Figures Released in Canada (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=25047)

Robimus 07-08-2016 12:29 AM

New Ghostbusters 6 Inch Figures Released in Canada

1 Attachment(s)
The new 6 inch classic Ghostbusters action figures have been released at Walmart stores across the country. This assortment consists of the four original Ghost Busters from the classic films.

Tonestar 07-08-2016 01:47 AM

Re: New Ghostbusters 6 Inch Figures Released in Canada

Saw these at TRU a couple of weeks ago for $27.99 each. The 3 ghost assortment followed later for about $10 less each.

turtle power eh 07-08-2016 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonestar (Post 82483)
Saw these at TRU a couple of weeks ago for $27.99 each. The 3 ghost assortment followed later for about $10 less each.

Where abouts? I'm not sure if I should just get this version instead of hunting down the other ones with the rooftop build peices that I didn't act on.

MULTIPLEX 07-08-2016 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turtle power eh (Post 82484)
Where abouts? I'm not sure if I should just get this version instead of hunting down the other ones with the rooftop build peices that I didn't act on.

I saw those ones at a local toy shop and they are 7" scale. And remind me of NECA quality and finish. Personally, not my cup of tea.

Are there better pics of this Walmart release? These might be the ones I want to get. I have to get the original cast in 6" scale one day.

Btw, who makes these?

there_is_a_martens 07-08-2016 01:14 PM

I believe they are made by Mattel. I've wanted to get a set of these for some time now. I bought one of the Select Ghostbusters but pieces started chipping off him as soon as I took him out of the package. No thanks. Maybe the Mattel figures are sturdier.

Robimus 07-09-2016 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX (Post 82500)
I saw those ones at a local toy shop and they are 7" scale. And remind me of NECA quality and finish. Personally, not my cup of tea.

Are there better pics of this Walmart release? These might be the ones I want to get. I have to get the original cast in 6" scale one day.

Btw, who makes these?

I will see if I can get a picture in my travels today. Mattel for sure, Walmart had them on end caps with Wrestling figures in special boxes.

turtle power eh 07-09-2016 09:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Grabbed a set just now, they are basically a re issue of the Matty collctor version but extremely light on accessories. Normal crappy Mattel articulation. These figures remind me why I don't generally buy Mattel figures but they are from one of my fave movies of all time so I got suckered in.

Hoffman 07-09-2016 12:04 PM

If anybody is looking for the DST figures, we restocked series 1 and 2. Selling as sets right now.

turtle power eh 07-09-2016 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoffman (Post 82520)
If anybody is looking for the DST figures, we restocked series 1 and 2. Selling as sets right now.

If you still have sets when the 1/4 scale TMNT I preordered for pick up comes in, I'll be all over that.

Rogue_Optimus 07-09-2016 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turtle power eh (Post 82519)
Grabbed a set just now, they are basically a re issue of the Matty collctor version but extremely light on accessories. Normal crappy Mattel articulation. These figures remind me why I don't generally buy Mattel figures but they are from one of my fave movies of all time so I got suckered in.

So these are the same figs as the 2-packs that matty has been trying to unload on their site?