ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 01:49 PM   #504
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

288-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: Days of Future Past Wolverine

Given that the new Stan Lee marvel legends figure has recently been announced I feel that it is as good as any time to make this (probably) controversial statement, but I do not understand nor agree with all the praise that Stan Lee gets. Yes I am aware of his contributions to Marvel as well as comic books in general and I appreciated his consistent Marvel cameos over the years, but I think the fandom has incorrectly put him on a pedestal as the “god” of Marvel and possibly over exaggerating his impact on the comic world in general. This is certainly a direct result of him being the face of Marvel throughout the years, but if you actually look into it you’ll see that he has not been directly affiliated with Marvel since the early 90’s and event then it has been years since he has created anything long lasting or impactful. I suppose in his role as the face of Marvel he has become a bit of a character in the Marvel universe in his own right, but I still wonder if other creators, responsible for shaping the Marvel universe into what it is today, should also get their credit in pop culture.That said, very few people know the actual impact that Jack Kirby, Steve Ditko and John Romita Sr had on co-creating all these insanely popular characters and even less likely realize other modern greats like Todd Mcfarlane, Jim Lee, John Bryne, Chirs Claremont and even Rob Liefiled (He did create Deadpool after all.), in addition to hundreds of others that have made these characters what they are today.

Now i’m not saying that I want action figures of all these creators and I’m not trying to lessen Stan Lee’s impact on the world of Marvel, but lets just chill out on the whole “Stan Lee was the best thing that ever happened to comics and now that he is gone no other Marvel movie will be the same” commentary.

Pros: This Wolverine was released as part of the Days of Future Past Sentinel 2-pack and while I was not really keen on dropping the cash for the Sentinel, I was able to pick up Logan loose for a few bucks. Overall I LOVE the look and could possibly be my favorite Wolverine opened to date, which isn’t saying much as he is technically my only Marvel Legends Wolverine figure opened with the others being from the Toy Biz Evolution series (see my retro reviews) and the Mega Bloks Mini figure version, but still: pretty dang great. The script is great, the leather jacket is cool, the clawed hands are nice and the pistol and WORKING holser is amazing. This is just an all around solid figure.

Cons: As is typical with most Wolverine figures the claws never keep their shape. I recognize that there are 3rd party companies that do metal claws, but I have a hard time with spending money to fix something that shouldn’t have been an issue in the first place.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping