ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 11:52 AM   #505
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

289-2
Hasbro- G.I. Joe- Sigma 6: Storm Shadow

Here’s a question for all you collectors out there: Is it better to have many different versions of the same character, or many different characters?

It's a tough question as a can see pros and cons for both. For example having many different versions of the same character pretty much guarantees that a kid can walk into a toy aisle and find a version of the character that he or she likes. This would have been VERY helpful during the original release of GI Joe figures where I would have loved a Snake Eyes, but as there was only one or two versions of him every few years I would have to settle for a Captain Gridiron in his place (just kidding I woudl have loved a Captain GridIron, but my brother convinced me that a football themed GI Joe figure woudl have been stupid). Other examples of this would have been picking up an original Turtle brother or even an Optimus Prime.

Nowadays that has really changed with no shortage of all types of the main characters filling the store shelves, but leads to a significant problem: I mean, how many Storm Shadows and Snake Eyes do you need before you have too many. Consequently, this is also a big issue with most other toy brands. Transformers has Bumblebee, Marvel Legends has Spiderman and DC has Batman. And while this is not an issue if you are a fan of these characters, it becomes a bit routine and boring as a collector to just get the same character over and over. This type of character fatigue was never really felt by the original Joe figures as they were still able to take changes to make some really interesting characters, much like the aforementioned Captain Gridiron!

Pros: A nice Sigma 6 Storm Shadow figure with a nice sculpt/softgoods, decent articulation and a good amount of accessories with loads of added play value.

Cons: There’s really nothing special to this Storm Shadow that is not present in previous or future release and I think that Hasbro could have made the set more appealing if this was released repainted as a simple Red Ninja.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping