ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 09:17 PM   #506
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

290-2
DC Collectibles- DC Icons: Green Lantern John Stewart

Way back in review 263 I embarked on a quest to re-watch all the DC Animated features to date and give some thoughts regarding 3 key touchpoints: Animation Style, Voice Acting & Story. These are really just rough notes as I watched the movie and might not make a whole lot of sense unless you have recently watched it.

Superman – Doomsday. Release date: 2007

1. Animation Style- A really nice upgrade to the “Timverse” animated style, but I can’t seem to get over the lines outlining Superman’s face. I suppose it is supposed to give his face depth, but it just ends up looking weird.
2. Voice acting- Overall pretty good. Both Superman and Lois were good, but Lex Luthor was not my ideal sounding version.
3. Story- Lois didn’t know that Superman was Clark Kent at this point? I’m sure that she was aware in the comics during the Death of Superman story run. Doomsday just born? Very abridged fight between Superman and Doomsday with very little overall stakes. Death was emotional/ The Luthor angle was interesting and somewhat mirrored the original story, but the new Supermen story was something that I really appreciate. Odd that they incorporated the toyman. Some really great fight scenes throughout the movie, but overall I felt the abridged story was a bit of a cheat what with not involving other members of the DC universe and the new characters “born” out of the Death of Superman story.

Pros: **Sigh** I love DC Collectibles Icons. If you look past the size and lack of a thigh swivel these are easily some of the best DC figures to date and certainly can go toe to toe with most Marvel Legends. The sculpt is amazing, He comes with a few different hand/fist combos and the MULTIPLE energy effects are not only unique (not the same old ones that Hasbro does) but also look amazing attached to Johns fist. Every Icon figure is getting better and better.

Cons: I feel like a broken record, but IF these figures had a thigh swivel they would go from good to amazing. Also it is a MAJOR let down that DC scrapped the series.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping