ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 12:25 PM   #507
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

291-2
Hasbro- Transformers- Reveal The Shield: Perceptor

As a collector I often get the same question from people after they learn about my hobby: “So, do you keep them in the package?” And I typically answer the same way: “No, I’ve always opened them as I like to play around with them” That said, Preceptor here makes me want to rethink my choice to open ALL my figures as he is equal parts frustrating and disappointing. I say that because his robot mode really sucks and, unless I’m doing something wrong, becomes a floppy mess if I look at him wrong. This is also disappointing as I have had him, MISB, for years where I was perfect ignorant to the major flaws under that little plastic bubble, And this happens more than you might think, especially since I have amassed a rather large backlog of figures. To be honest It was not like I was really counting on Preceptor to be some amazing figure, but after Jazz was a letdown (for the same reasons) I’m starting to a) adjust my expectations & b) appreciate the current Transformer offerings.

Pros: Aesthetically Preceptor looks wonderful in both modes: An interesting truck with tank treads is an interesting choice and actually works for Preceptor given that his G1 mode was a Microscope with treads. Robot mode looks reminiscent of his G1 self and features a lot of nice details throughout.

Cons: One of my biggest pet peeves with Transformers is when a figure does not stay together when it is supposed to stay together and Preceptor is WAY guilty of that. I’m not sure what the designers were thinking as it’s certainly a design flaw as his back section will just come apart with nothing more than a touch. The Transformation is also super frustrating with the vehicle mode relying on almost micro precision to ensure all the panels line up; no easy task for sure.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping