Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-09-2022, 01:00 PM   #1461
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series 6 inch discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
I guess the real question is...is there regulation in place that can investigate these concerns and decide if things are within a reasonable standard.

While we mention inflation, we cannot forget the cost of materials and shipping etc...these all contribute...but what is beneficial is there is open access to their revenue reports and if we can accuse places like Loblaw Ltd of price gouging they should be able to determine Hasbro and the like and hopefully we can see these places getting called on to the carpet to explain their potential profiteering off of the current economic environment.
You're right shipping and cost of materials contribute but Hasbro has been the only toy company that I've seen damage controlling their price increases like they do. Hasbro knows they are over charging and they know the product they're giving us doesn't reflect the price otherwise they wouldn't be damage controlling every time there's a "price increase". Other toy companies that have only needed to increase prices minimally haven't had to go to such lengths because they know they are still offering a product that is reflective of what you're paying.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping