Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-22-2020, 06:21 PM   #2700
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superksian View Post
I don't disagree with you in theory but why are retailers limiting people from buying more than 5 packs of toilet paper if I have the money? Why is Shoppers and Walmart of the world preventing my from buying beyond my need if I got to the stores before everyone else?

The discussion is going towards social contract and societal foundation of how we project what is fair.

Personally, I have gotten multiple of a figure but when I leave the aisle, I make sure there are some, not 1 for others. That's my belief and hope others will do the same. It's naive because we know there are people who aren't like that.
That goes to need over want though; there are more people aware and needing toilet paper than toys. Same with any commodity that would be in demand in times like this. Again, I don’t like opportunists that fleece these toys to desperate collectors, but who’s to say who’s buying and reselling? As some people have said, there are army builders out there. Should we chase them off because they want to have a cool display? I knew a guy who bought 100 3 3/3” clone troopers from 2005-2006. He had a gunship and wanted a big, enclosed glass display. He opened every single one, and put them all in this display. Was he wrong?
Stryfe2026 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping