Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-03-2015, 04:07 PM   #395
MULTIPLEX
Decepticon
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
It took me a while to decide if I wanted to collect this line when it first started up. Once I hopped on board, I was able to still track down all of wave 1 & 2 and the Jabba/Speeder deluxes at local Walmarts, with a couple grabbed for cheap on Amazon as well. By then I was caught up again and went back to the pre-order case route for the rest of the orange phase and all of the blue phase. With skipping a couple bad case assortments, and a little swap help from my supplier, I was able to get all releases with only 1 unwanted double. Hasbro has done a mostly good job with case assortments in this scale so far (to my complete amazement). If only they could solve their blasted distribution issues.

I am not sure how much I will be able to rely on case pre-orders going forward however. I made a pledge to myself to not collect anything from the Sequels. If they start releasing mixed waves of PT/OT along with ST characters, I will probably have to try my luck at mass retail, or possibly overpriced single pre-orders. Best case would be to team up with a collector who only wants ST figures though!
Sorry to say wedge but I think this is exactly how the line is moving. The Black Series will now encompass multiple cannon sources, not just movies i.e. OT, PT, TFA and beyond, Rebels, even the new Battle Front game.

We already know Ahsoka and Kanan are being made in 6". The Battle Front Shock Trooper just released. That was an exclusive to Walmart but I get what you are saying. My feeling is Ahsoka and Kanan will be part of a mass retail case assortment though. Hell we're even getting Darth Revan aren't we?

Last edited by MULTIPLEX; 12-03-2015 at 04:10 PM.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping