Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 04:28 AM   #7
Hantei
Master of the Universe
Re: Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo - April 26th - 28th, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Megatron View Post
Most Comic Cons the figures are overpriced since they pay a ton for their booths.
I guess that's understandable, but at the same time, when it's priced so high that it doesn't even sell? I mean, why even bother then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Gremlin View Post
Man, waiting 2+ hours just to get your stuff signed kind of sucks. I'm kind of surprised they didn't have someone ask the people in the lineup whether they wanted a sketch or just an autograph. Then have a certain number of those who wanted the autographs to go get their stuff signed before the next sketch started.
Unfortunately, there wasn't a volunteer around for him at the time I was waiting. It would have been nice to have little organization to get people to go on their way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Gremlin View Post
Nice! What did you have Stan Lee sign?
Haha, just the photo we took with him. Didn't have anything of value, so I thought it may as well have been something priceless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Suydam makes a mean display.

Myself, I've always felt some self imposed obligation to buy a print off an artist that I'm getting a signature(s) from.
I did buy a print from Omar, but only because we had such a great chat that I felt compelled to buy something from him. I kind of regret not buying some prints from Adam Hughes and Mark Brooks, they had some great art there.

One thing I do regret is not taking more photos, especially with the artists I had stuff signed by. I should have had one taken with David Finch for making me wait so long, lol.
Hantei is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping