Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-18-2023, 10:07 PM   #26
Zanth
Super Friend
Re: 6" Dungeons & Dragons Cartoon Classics Series Figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
... Also it doesn't help that there were a lot of reports of breakage on the cartoon toys right out of the package. That probably left a bad taste in collector's mouths which could make them gun shy with the movie toys.
This is a major factor. The inability to see the figures paired with the frail product at large is keeping plenty of collectors away from them - especially at the high price. The articulation is embarrassing at this price point. The accessories are fine in my opinion and I really like the design of many of the figures, very close to the cartoon in those cases but at $36 CAD, windowless packaging, many videos of broken figures out of the box or when first posing... yeah, not great.

I know there are suspicions that the figures are old designs that were finally pushed out because of the legal threats against inaction on Hasbro's part regarding the D&D brand at large.

Venger needs a new head sculpt at least, and Dungeon Master could use one as well. DM also needs an accessory or two.

I think Bobby with Uni is the best of the bunch and offers the most value, then Presto, who looks great, poses well and has the ability to have a hat on his head or in hand with a magical effect for display.

If Hasbro continues with cartoon releases, a better Venger on Night-mare would be welcomed, along with Shadow Demon. Dekkion is one of my favourites and would look great. They could take inspiration from the Four Horsemen. Tiamat in all her raging magesty would have to be Haslab I think in order to do her justice.

That said, the creatures from the D&D film look promising. The displacer beast is gorgeous and looks worth the price despite being an upgraded version of Drizzt's pet jaguar. Xanathar the beholder also looks incredible. I have them both on preorder from Hasbro Pulse.
Zanth is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping