ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 05:27 PM   #452
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

257-2
Mcfarlane Toys- Star Trek: James T Kirk.

Well this is something different and while I’ve had a few Star Trek items on the review thread, this is the only actual Trek based action figure that aligns with my current collecting tastes; that is a 6”, fully posable figure a decent likness and specific accessories. Given my relatively new found love of all things Star Trek (more on that in a future review) I was very pleased to see that a toy company had picked up the licence and had some plans for a few key characters. I had my doubts that Mcfarlane was capable of producing anything more than an extremely well sculpted statue, but with the Stranger Things and Fortnite figures it looked as though they turned over a new leaf of sorts offering figures with a decent amount of usable articulation! Unfortunately the line looks to be all but finished after only 2 figures, but I suppose given the current status of Trek in the lexicon, we should be happy with what we got.

Pros: Really fantastic sculpt and likeness capturing James T Kirk from the original 60’s Star Trek, great show specific accessories including a nice stand and, wait for it, decent articulation that works with the character.

Cons: I really have nothing bad to say about this toy; Mcfarlane really did a good job and I wish that they would have continued the line with some different characters. Perhaps the new Picard show might create some buzz to get this toys produced, but I’m just not sure that it’s in the cards for this series.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping