ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 05:31 PM   #453
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

258-2
Disney Toy Box- Marvel: Black Panther

Rating of worst to best of the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies continued; see review 207-2, 210-2, 216-2, 222-2, 228-2, 232-2, 233-2, 242-2, 244-2, 248-2 & 254-2 for the previous instalments.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Rating: #11. Black Panther

I figured that eventually a toy review of a character would eventually line up with their movie how convenient. The Black Panther movie did something that I never felt possible: make me care about the Black Panther. Sure, he was on the radar, but my only exposure to him was on a handful of cartoons where he always came off as an unlikable dick. But credit where credit is due, after I saw his appearance in Captain America Civil War (more on that later) I was really looking forward to his standalone movie and I was not disappointed. I’m not even kidding when I say that I loved pretty well everything including the world of Wakanda, all the characters involved and even the “paint by numbers” storyline because while it was a familiar Marvel movie, it still felt different enough to give me an appreciation of the character and his deep history that I had always overlooked. The only bummer in my opinion is that they killed off both MAJOR villains and might have a difficult time topping both Claw.and, perhaps more importantly, Eric Killmonger.who I thought was played BRILLIANTLY by Michael B Jordan.

Pros: I had some fairly high hopes for T’Challa and some are certainly met. Overall he looks really good with a sculpt in the Disney Infinity style, he has decent points of articulation and comes with 2 vibranium energy effects.

Cons: While the figure itself might be good, mine was a bit of a lemon as his hip joint basically broke right out of the package. Unfortunately it was too late for a replacement (no longer in stock) so I had to get out the superglue and make some permanent measures. It's difficult to say why it broke, but almost seemed as though the legs were connected by a pin in the hip area and not floating independently (which is insane) so once any effort was given to pose one leg forward and once back, the plastic basically ricped and came off. Sad I know and super frustrating for me, but is what it is.Outside of broken leg issue, the energy slash effect doesn't really fit well into his hands and easily falls off.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping