ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-30-2020, 11:15 AM   #592
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

355-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: Scarlet Spider

I’m continuing my multipart look as to why Starlord is NOT to blame for allowing Thanos’s rise to power as featured in the MCU Infinity War movie with today’s review. Have a look at reviews 338-2, 339-2, 342-2 and 349-2 for previous thoughts.

So we are getting into the nitty-gritty of discussing how Thanos collected these stones and while she paid the ultimate price in the end, I feel like Gamora should have a good portion of the blame. Consider that she was A. the one who actually found the location of the Soul stone. B. Told Nebula that she knew the whereabouts of the Soul Stone C. Gave in to Thanos’ demands while he was torturing Nebula by telling him the location and D. Not killing herself in time to prevent Thanos from sacrificing something that he loved in favor of belittling him. Way to screw the universe Gamora.

Pros: I was comic adjacent (Mostly buying Image at that time) when the Spider Clone story was initially run, so I’m not entirely clear the specifics, but for better or worse, the character of Ben Reilly has stuck it out as a fairly big Marvel player since then. On the surface, I have always dug the first look of Scarlet Spider and am glad I was able to pick up an updated version of him. Overall the mould does well to capture the look including his signature blue hoodie, pouches and wrist shooters and has a good amount of articulation to satisfy most posing requirements. Outside of that he comes with a number of spare “spidey” hands to emulate all sorts of action.

Cons: Overall Scarlet Spiderman ticks all the boxes for me, but I could see people wanting this version on the much preferred Pizza Spiderman body. That said, they might need to do some finagling with the hoodie as it would certainly affect the overall look.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping