ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-07-2020, 02:40 PM   #599
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

360-2
Disney Toybox- Pixar: Bo Peep

Rating of worst to best of the a the Pixar movies continued; see review 205-2, 219-2, 231-2, 240-2, 264-2, 270-2, 285-2, 292-2, 297-2, 303-2, 313-2, 320-2, 325-2, 333-2, 341-2 & 347-2 for the previous instalments:

4. Monsters Inc.

The final four Pixar films are pretty well interchangeable in my mind as they are all amazing and hold a very special place in my heart, but the incredible thing is that they are all unique from one another and all very imaginative in their own right. Take Monsters Inc. for example. Sure, at the root, MI is a story about two friends dealing with change and adversity, but the world that they choose to tell this tale is just so mind-blowingly different. For instance, who had the idea to have the Monsters work as “Scare Energy” employees responsible for mining the screams of children by freighting them? It’s just such a brilliant idea and something that I do not think I have seen before. Outside of the fun and exciting story I feel that the voice cast of John Goodman and Billy Crystal is darn near perfect and who can forget Steve Buscemi as Randal? Lastly and I think mileage MAY vary on this, but Monsters Inc. remains one of my favorite Pixar movies for the simple fact that when my son was a baby he would watch this movie nonstop. At the time it was really wearing thin, but I will always treasure those moments and everything that reminds me of that time.

Pros: I held off from picking up Bo Peep for a bit as I was not entirely excided for her release. I mean, I didn’t really have any issues with her character in the latest Toy Story, but a doll in her doubloons is not something that I felt compelled to pick up until she was on sale. That said, she’s pretty fricken great. She has a nice sculpt that captures her new cavalier look from Toy Story 4 complete with arm “fixing” bandage, comes with her trademark sheep herding Shepherds Crook tool that she effectively uses as a weapon and some really decent articulation that allows for a good range of movement and pose-ability.

Cons: I feel like they could have included her little officer friend from the movie as the package feels a bit light.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping