ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 01:50 AM   #5
Hantei
Master of the Universe
Re: What Do You Collect?

I voted Marvel, DC, Star Wars, GI Joe, TMNT, and Other. Though my collections for some of them aren't as sizable as others.

I'm mostly interested in Marvel (ML, MU, MS), NECA, and Japanese figures (Play Arts Kai, Revoltech,...). Marvel Legends is limited to characters I'm interested in (mostly movie characters, Avengers, Spidey), while Marvel Universe I go a little more completionist on (though that's on a decline due to price and poor distribution). Marvel Selects have pretty much been just their Movie related releases. NECA pretty much covers video game characters and the odd movie/comic related figures, with articulation being the deciding factor on the latter (the new Predator wave, and Prometheus figures are exactly what I look in figures). The Japanese stuff covers mostly Play Arts Kai's which are mostly video game related characters. Revoltechs I'm selective to just video game characters and maybe the odd anime character, though I did pick up an Iron Man Mk VII (a little buyer's remorse on that purchase though).

DC stuff I'm just gonna limit myself to Mattel's offerings of the New 52 Justice League core, and maybe a few Bat family characters. MM are kinda iffy, I only got suckered into the few I bought for the TDKR cause I'm chasing to build the Bat Signal. I may grab a Man of Steel MM Superman during a sale. I'd buy DC Direct's offerings if they had better articulation. In the end I think most of the DC related purchases will be saved for the Japanese produced figures.

Star Wars it's mostly Jedis and Sith from the Vintage Collection. Though I did army build a little bit on the clone and storm troopers. Only got one vehicle and that's the Snowspeeder, though I'm really really tempted to get a Millenium Falcon (I almost snagged one during the last sale where it was almost half off, and probably would have if the Expo wasn't happening that same week).

GI Joes, I've pretty much lost interest in them after the PoC series ended. Just selective to the few cool ones they offer now (I really miss the PoC style).

TMNT, haha, this one is down to any offerings of the 4 turtles (non of those wacky ones with different outfits or action features). Pretty much after buying them, I'm done with the line.
Hantei is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping