ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 01:13 PM   #566
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

334-2
Hasbro- Marvel The First 10 Years: Iron Man MARK XXII, Pepper Potts & The Manderian

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I do not like multi-packs that contain 3 or more figures; there is just too much in one box to properly focus on the individual characters and typically include a few previously released characters with one that everyone wants making collectors shell out more cash for a figure that could have been single packed. Thankfully this pack has 3 figures from the way underrated Iron Man 3 movie that I don;t think I have AND I got it on a major sale so its a bonus all around.

Pros: Iron Man MARK XXII: While I’m not 100% certain, I’m fairly confident that this is a really cool repaint from a previous Marvel Legends line; I mean, who would not love “Hot Rod Flames” adorning an Iron Man Suit.
Pepper Potts: She has a great head sculpt and love that they included the “Iron Man” arm and blast effect that featured so prevalently in the movie.
The Manderian: Another first for the line and certainly the GEM of the wave featuring a fantastic detailed sculpt that pops right from the screen and a good amount of articulation.

Cons: Iron Man Mark XXII: As good as the figure looks, it’s certainly a product of the time it was released and I HATE those stupid ball jointed hips.
Pepper Pott: So this is the first toy of the Pepper Potts character that we get in Legends form and she’s in her underwear… ***sign***. Her leggings are basically just paint and have no depth and even despite that, the extra “Iron Man” doesn’t even fit or articulate properly to pose correctly.
The Manderian: Big surprise: his hard plastic cloak gets in the way of his articulation. Also I would have liked to see some accessories to complete the look.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping