ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 09:46 PM   #18
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe
Re: Price increases in toy collecting: keep buying or will you stop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Errr did it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe I don't collect transformers and don't own one to be able to look at the back of the box myself? Idk why the attitude is necessary while answering my question.
Because...science ! But obviously he already replied below/above...

On topic...I've been a picky buyer for a very long time...my Transformers collecting has been of late (4 years or so) very limited to only MP Transformers (getting over the top on pricing), 3P Transformers a bit and the 86 line brought me back in a bit...Marvel and Star Wars wise i've never been much of a whole wave collector. I will generally grab what I like which is maybe 1 or 2 figures and IF the chance so happens that I like the BAF figure or the remainders of the wave I can get super cheap I'll bite. It is rare i buy a whole wave unless it was the original Hulkbuster, AOA or something that goes with Deadpool or X-Force then i'm in, but again sometimes I'll know what might shelf warm so I wait on those.

Having EB as my supplier and finally getting over the threshold to an onyx card helps too. I try to keep my spending neutral and that means I will on occasion buy stuff I know is hot maybe 2 or 3 figures more after I help out my friends and resell them to help fund my hobby, because it's a heck of alot easier to justify my hobby to the wife if i'm not going into debt to do it...not that i really have to but you know happy wife happy life. And yes if that makes me scalper whatever lol

I don't see myself stopping right now...but space is becoming an issue so i know a purge is coming...but Hasbro for example is going to a place I may not be able to follow.

Last edited by sixshot1981; 09-16-2021 at 09:48 PM.
sixshot1981 is online now   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping