ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-29-2021, 12:07 PM   #918
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

546-2
Disney Infinity 3.0- Pixar: Nemo

I’m continuing my quest to watch and review the entire Disney Animation collection to date. See reviews 429-2, 434-2, 456-2 461-2, 484-2, 513-2, 518-2, 528-2 & 541-2 for previous entries.

Make Mine Music
Release Date: 1946
Availability: Not streaming yet on Disney Plus, but each segment is available on YouTube.

The 3rd anthology package file, Make Mine Music steps back from the Latin American theme to a more random grouping of 10 Disney animated musical shorts that will seem familiar to any Disney fan. They include:
1. The Martins and the Coys- A version of Romeo and Juliet with an Appalachian twist. It’s pretty fun and a great way to start the movie.
2. Blue Bayou- Apparently a segment meant for Fantasmic this features some beautiful animation set to equally beautiful music.
3. All the Cats Join In- A really upbeat segment scored by Benny Goodman following some 1940’s teens through a night of dancing.
4. Without You- Even though I just watched it, I cannot remember this segment, yikes.
5. Casey at Bat- One of the more well known shorts, this features the story of an arrogant ballplayer in a reverse underdog story. A really great watch with some funny bits.
6. Two Silhouettes- A balled between two rotoscoped dancers through animated backgrounds. One of the weaker of the segments, but nice for what it is.
7. Peter and the Wolf- A short featuring a young Russian boy named Peter and his adventure in trying to catch a wolf in the wilderness. I have this story book as a kid and must have read it a thousand times and also read it to both my kids. I absolutely love this story and is easily my favorite of the movie. Doesn’t hurt that it was narrated by Sterling Holloway.
8. After You’ve Gone- Again, can’t really recall this one…
9. Johnnie Fedora and Alice Bluebonnet- A nice love story between two hats. It actually kind of feels a bit like a PROTO Pixar story with giving feelings to inanimate objects.
10. The Whale Who Wanted to Sing at the Met- Another really enjoyable segment that could be a Pixar movie. It’s a bizarre tale of an opera singing whale and the Sea Captain who is intent on harpooning him.

Disney Park Presence: As far as I know, the only segment that has a theme park tie is Casey At Bat. In Disney World there is a popular diner called Casey’s corner that serves Hotdogs and sodas on Magic Kingdom’s Main Street. There is also a Casey’s Corner in Disneyland Paris in the same area off Main Street. Fun fact where we were there a few years back, it was the only place open for us to eat and we spent $80 on 2 mediocre hotdogs, some drinks and chicken nuggets. Cie si bon!

Pros: Well, this is it, my very last Disney Infinity figurine and it’s a bit of a bummer and I really am not a fan of Nemo! I’ve never liked the film or the sequel (for personal reasons as it is objectively good) In any case, it’s been a really great run and I really appreciate that Disney has produced so many great figures and Nemo is no exception. Really nice sculpt with a fantastic looking environment.

Cons: As with Boba Fett and Dorey, Nemo had the same plastic film that developed on the figure. I didn’t notice until after I took a bunch of pictures and it wipes off without much effort, but still makes me wonder how long these figures will last.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping