ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 10:23 AM   #90
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

2-024
Daron- WestJet: Flight Crew.

Whoa, what the heck is this? Have I run out of typical figures and moved on to Barbie style dolls to satisfy my cravings for plastic crack? No, really just an inside joke between me and my friends; notwithstanding, the tradition is to be upheld and as it clearly states I opened a toy, so I must post it here.

The inside joke is because my wife works for WestJet as a Flight Attendant and a buddy of mine thought it would be hilarious to pick this up for my collection as it bears somewhat of a resemblance to her. Joke’s on him though; I think having a doll version of my wife is pretty cool.

I'd even say that they did a decent job in replicating the older uniform, down to the teal scarf, but it is important to note that they have since changed uniforms, so this is somewhat out of date. I also felt it was my duty to check if she was wearing underwear (what can I say, ‘party’ Angela had an impact on me) and I am happy to report that she is dressed appropriately for work.

She also comes with a opening, rolling suitcase that has a retractable handle. Unfortunately her hands can't reach or hold the suitcase, but I suppose that it normal for Barbie type dolls. Her shoes are also removable, but in truth hardly stay on her feet. Understanding that these are sold at the airport, it's unfortunate that the likelihood of a young girl getting this at the airport and keeping her new doll’s footwear in place is minimal at best. Perhaps that's what the opening suitcase of for?

Overall she's a decent figure with a surprisingly accurate outfit and it’s kind of a funny thing to have as part of my collection.

Pros: One time accurate, cloth outfit and looks like my wife.

Cons: Shoes fall off easily and she can’t hold on to her luggage.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping