ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 08:23 PM   #839
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

500-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: Agent Everett Ross and Erik Killmonger.

I’ve heaped a lot of praise on The Blank Panther movie and with due reason as it still holds up as a fantastic action movie set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. One of the things that really makes this movie worth watching is the supporting cast as they are all, in my opinion, really fantastic. In fact, that is one of the reasons why I was motivated to track down this 2 pack. Everett Ross was the perfect choice for “colonizer” outsider that was previously introduced in Civil War as he provides a connection to the established outside world, but it’s not a choice that is too on the nose in the Marvel Universe. Like it could have been someone like Agent Colson, but they decided to expand the characters out with someone new. It also doesn’t hurt that they cast Martin Freeman for the role, who I find to be very charming and fun to watch. Now on the other side of this equation is Killmonger, played by the amazing Michael B Jordan, who I feel is the life blood of this movie. Yes, the main cast is great, and Andy Circus is great as Claw, but Killmonger is easily one of my favorite villains in these MCU movies; it’s just too bad that the character was killed off.

Pros: Everett Ross: Agent Ross is another figure that has used the well-known and perhaps overused “suit” mould as worn by Tony Stark and other members of SHIELD. Overall, he has decent head sculpt to Freemans likeness, has sufficient articulation for a number of poses and a pistol.

Erik Killmonger: Likely a re-tooled repaint from an earlier Blank Panther wave (forthcoming in reviews) Killmonger looks amazing and I absolutely LOVE the unmasked head sculpt that has amazingly captured Michael B Jordan’s likeness. The 2 traditional weapons included are also a nice touch and allows for some really nice poses. I will also say that the detail on the gold panther suit is fantastic and really showcases the differences between Killmonger and T’Challa.

Cons: Everett Ross: I know the drill, it is standard practice for Hasbro to fill out the line with re-tools, but this suit mould is getting a little long in the tooth. Also, the ankle articulation continues to be an issue, and limits movement. Lastly, with only a revolver, he’s a bit light on accessories.

Erik Killmonger: If I wanted to be picky, I would say the closed fists that he has to hold on to the weapons are too loose and they just sit there.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping