ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 01:34 PM   #906
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

537-2
Hasbro- GI Joe Sigma Six: Firefly

I’m continuing to review each episode of the short lived G.I. Joe Renegades show; see review 275-2, 302-2, 330-2, 357-2, 384-2, 398-2, 425-2, 440-2, 452-2, 480-2, 495-2 & 509-2 for previous thoughts.

EP: 14 - Knockoffs

Basic Premise (From Wikipedia): Flint and Lady Jaye get Zartan out of prison to help them track down the Joes. Meanwhile, the Baroness tries to transport a camouflage suit—-technology that can duplicate anyone's appearance—-to Cobra Commander, but Zartan steals the suit and uses it to get revenge. The Joes and the Falcons, along with warrant officer/helicopter pilot William "Wild Bill" Hardy, must capture Zartan and retrieve the camo suit before it ends up in the hands of Cobra.

Thoughts: Ok, this was a really fun episode. First off we have a second appearance of Zartan and a much more fitting origin story than his initial appearance. And while I still don’t feel his overall personality really matches my head canon, I do appreciate that the Renegades writers too time to link his Biker past with his disguise abilities. Second, despite the cliche “look alike” based story, it was a fun, action packed episode. Lastly, this was the first appearance of Wild Bill who is a character that I have a great affinity for given that I had him and the Dragonfly chopper as a kid. I’m afraid that he played a bit more country than Dixie style American from the south, but it is what it is.

Pros: Firefly’s true form as an agent of Cobra, which really shouldn't have been much of surprise to any fan of GI Joe, has a familiar yet updated look from his initial release with a new, more accurate paint job in addition to his full balaclava covered head and repainted face mask. Articulation is Sigma Six standard, which was decent at the time and allows for a number of decent poses. Kudos to Hasbro for including some fantastic new accessories to go with this version. Yes he has the same wicked cool guns, but also comes with a double bladed fire stick with a chainsaw fire attachment as well as a few other fire effects. Additionally he has these extremely cool fire gauntlets that likely let him shoot fire from his wrists. So much fire goodness!!

Cons: Really great figure overall, bit the fire stick accessories is a bit unwieldy and my version has some really terribly loose hip joints that make standing a real challenge.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping