ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-28-2022, 01:02 PM   #1311
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

797-2
Toybiz- Lord of the Rings- The Return of the King: Legolas (with dagger throwing action)

Oof.

That was my genuine reaction when I saw this figure come out of the shipping box from eBay. To be clear that is not a slight on the seller given that I got exactly what I ordered, but what was in the package was not what was on the package. Seriously, it?s clearly a Legolas figure and he does have an approximation of ?dagger throwing action? but there is no way that he is Super poseable, nor does he have 15 points of articulation. Yeah, see that sticker on the top right of the plastic bubble? I sure did and that was what I wanted but was very disappointed to see a district lack of articulation points and many less that would constitute anything being super poseable. Hell, I?ve seen better articulated figures from 90?s McFarlane. Funny thing is that this sticker is standard on every release that I?ve seen; how did that happen from the factor and QC? I guess it was a different time back then; a time when toys were meant to be played with, had questionable action features (more on that) and were actually affordable.

Pros: Ok, I have to hand it to Toybiz on a really nice looking figure as the sculpt is dynamite. I also appreciate the earnest action feature and how many daggers were included.

Cons: When a sticker says super poseable with 15 points of articulation it should be super poseable with 15 years of articulation and Legolas certainly does not. Not for nothing, but the action feature doesn?t work either and it wasn?t for a lack of trying.

Action Shot!

https://i.imgur.com/Sddc5VLl.mp4
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping