ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-30-2022, 04:32 PM   #1313
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

799-2
NECA- Back to the Future: Tales From Space Marty Mcfly

Ok, picking up where I left off when I willingly, yet inadvertently, wore clothing with some white nationalist symbols. You can find more to this story on the NECA Marty review # 597-2, the Biff Review #662-2 and the Doc Brown review #729.

?If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour? you?re going to see some serious shit?

Every fan of Back to the Future knows the speal and why not given that Doc Brown so memorably and eloquently said it himself in the first movie. Given that I was looking for a cool little nod to one of my favorite movies on my custom hat I thought perhaps I could incorporate Doc?s infamous line somehow. I could get past the pesky copyright rules, but still show my appreciation for the film and perhaps get a chuckle out of other BTTF fans. Turns out I may have unwittingly shown support for a few white nationalists along the way. Unfortunately a hat isn?t really a great place for sentences or quotes and the canvas is relatively small to work with so I thought I could reduce it to just the following 5 characters:88=SS. Stitch those next to the self designed Flux Capacitor and surely there would be some BTTF super fasn that would give me a knowing smile, or a hey that's clever, but nope, not a one. In fact, I had a grand total of one person ask me about my hat in 2 years and didn?t even really understand it AFTER I explained it. It appears that the experiment failed and while I still liked the design I thought I was best to move on to other headgear that was less questionable. Questionable how? you ask. Well, more on that in the next BTTF review.

Pros: NECA continues to impress with every figure that I open and while I am mindful of the QC issues that plague the certain figures, I just have not had those experiences. The sculpt is outstanding with lots of great detail throughout, the accessories, including a number of different hemet versions are amazing, and the articulation is decent enough for a few different poses.

Cons: The only thing that is odd on this figure is that the body section feels hollow. It?s difficult to explain, but the suit almost feels like a balloon over a harder plastic section. I?m not sure why they would not have just molded him as a solid piece.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping