ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-06-2022, 03:04 PM   #1318
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

803-2
Hasbro- GI Joe Sigma Six: Flint

I'm not sure that these figures going forward can be called Sigma Six, but I'm not going to get too worked up on it as Hasbro never really had much of a plan either at this point in the series. That said, it would have been really cool to see this version of the Flint character in the cartoon from the start. I guess we'll just chalk it up to another thing that SIGMA 6 missed out on.
Toys like Sigma 6 Flint make me laugh at Hasbro?s current no plastic packaging policies. It's not that I don?t agree with less plastic, but if you have ever tried to open a Sigma 6 toy, you?ll see how they have really changed in a relatively short period of time. First off the figure is packaged in an action pose with a full plastic window, second there are still the hard plastic bumpers that double as a storage case, third there are at least forty seven twist ties with plastic inserts and tape holding everything in place. I?m not sure what Hasbro thought people were going to do with these toys, but they were locked in place.

Pros: Flint is another amazingly fun figure from a maligned action figure line. The sculpt has a really cool chunky appearance that the line is known for, a solid amount of articulation for the time (no ankle tilts) and a ton of super fun accessors including a modular gun that can has a bunch of different attachments and looks, a soft goods vest with lots of pockets and even a sword. He also comes with a mountain climbing harness and rope that are perfect for playing out those super fun Joe adventures.

Cons: In a perfect world these figures would have a bit more POA to really amp up the available poses, but I honestly have no complaints: another solid SIGMA 6 figure.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping